In or around Indiana and want a larger fuel tank?

Concur. Rotopax seems an easier, less expensive solution if needing more fuel on overland trip.
I don't know about" easier" but definitely cheaper...

If this is an expensive swap, I'll just wait until other third party long-range America fuel tanks come out with theirs in early 2025.

At least then you'll have the option of doubling your tank or even more your gas tank capacity

I wonder if the software on the LC’s would account for the larger fuel tank, and still post accurate ‘numbers’ up on the driver information display.

I would bet money the hybrid system isn't taking up the space and they chose a smaller tank for some other stupid reason, maybe GVWR related. If we were averaging 23MPG like the Sticker says it wouldn't be bad, but most people are averaging 17-20, then look at MPG while towing, and range can be as low as 150miles per fill up, considering it says 0 miles to empty with 2-3 gallons left in the tank

I would bet money the hybrid system isn't taking up the space and they chose a smaller tank for some other stupid reason, maybe GVWR related. If we were averaging 23MPG like the Sticker says it wouldn't be bad, but most people are averaging 17-20, then look at MPG while towing, and range can be as low as 150miles per fill up, considering it says 0 miles to empty with 2-3 gallons left in the tank
Exactly!!

update: It only voids the fuel tank warranty and not the power train. He still has to check on the compatibility of the fuel lines.
I am glad you are discussing with him. See if you can tag him on here and maybe he can chime in. Initially the cost seems high, but maybe worth it, having peace of mind carrying more fuel all the time over the life of this vehicle. I am not of same mind set that I could just carry cans of fuel on the sides or back gate. That seems like a real pain in the a** day to day driving, which I would be more concerned about. Road trips late at night etc.

Back