JBL Stereo

What was total cost to buy + install and how long did it take?
Hey there, as I mentioned in a previous post for the sake of full disclosure, Eric and Beat-Sonic gave me the amp and provided the install to create their promotional video. I think the amp works very well to my ears. YMMV, as sound is subjective.

I will say, they did an amazing job putting everything back together. No rattles, everything was perfect.

Well I just installed it in mine (LC Premium) Sounds really good compared to the stock amp!!! However, when I start the car I have a parking break error then a system error. I took out the center console and made sure the 3 connections were clicked in and they were. Unplugged them and replugged them. Still have the error.
Says to see the dealer. :confused:

Well I just installed it in mine (LC Premium) Sounds really good compared to the stock amp!!! However, when I start the car I have a parking break error then a system error. I took out the center console and made sure the 3 connections were clicked in and they were. Unplugged them and replugged them. Still have the error.
Check your battery charge. Possible your 12 volt battery ran low during install

I cycled the brake via the switch, and power cycled the LC and that fixed it for me

Now that more guys have their LC….what u all think??. JBL good or not good enough….guess it depends on the trim too.
We have the JBL and while it's not as good as the Mark Levinson systems in Lexus vehicles, we're happy enough to not change anything. Bass response is sure lacking though.

I cycled the brake via the switch, and power cycled the LC and that fixed it for me
Thanks. I didn't have time to mess with it as I just finished and had to head out. When I got back I cycled both and it worked just like you said.

I followed the video and the whole process took just under an hour. It's not a mind blowing change but it is definitely better than stock

As a follow up, I ordered this and decided to install myself as the San Diego shop I reached out to wanted $300+ to do it and I didn’t want to use 3-4 hours to go from San Diego to la to have beat sonic do it for $100.

I’ve got very little experience with this stuff (my first time doing anything more than strapping a surfboard on roof tracks on a car was when I did my 1k oil change for my lc), but I’ve been trying to become more handy and self sufficient so have it a go.

Used trim removal tools, a drill and the YouTube video. Was minority stressful but really not that bad.

Would say it did a solid job of increasing sound quality - more clear, more bass, more fun

One small detail that I left out is the Beatsonic amp is a class A/B amp, which will run hotter than the more efficient class D amps which are very popular now. I asked Beatsonic how much the relative lack of airflow will affect the amp. They indicated that the amp has a thermal shutoff if it gets too hot. However, they did not indicate how many hours they had tested it before the shutoff occurs. I am speculative that anything more than a couple hour roadtrip in summer temps at a volume loud enough to overcome road noise may cause it to kick off. Hope I am wrong though. Also, if you are used to an aftermarket subwoofer handling the low frequency duty (even at lower volume), you may not be happy with anything but another aftermarket subwoofer.

Or you could install it here. Night and day difference. I was going to upgrade speaker but not anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpeg
    IMG_0070.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 36
As a follow up, I ordered this and decided to install myself as the San Diego shop I reached out to wanted $300+ to do it and I didn’t want to use 3-4 hours to go from San Diego to la to have beat sonic do it for $100.

I’ve got very little experience with this stuff (my first time doing anything more than strapping a surfboard on roof tracks on a car was when I did my 1k oil change for my lc), but I’ve been trying to become more handy and self sufficient so have it a go.

Used trim removal tools, a drill and the YouTube video. Was minority stressful but really not that bad.

Would say it did a solid job of increasing sound quality - more clear, more bass, more fun
Never be afraid to try something, but remember to stop before you do something that can't be undone. If you follow that simple rule, you'll learn a lot! (some examples: drilling a hole when you don't know what's on the other side. Cutting parts of the car off, when you don't know exactly why.)

Now that more guys have their LC….what u all think??. JBL good or not good enough….guess it depends on the trim too.
I have the LC edition 10 speaker and am pleasantly surprised. Only issue is the lower end when I'm listening at regular volume. Talked to a stereo guy and he said that it's designed to filter ambient noise with the system at lower volume levels.

I also spent all kind of money upgrading my 17 TACO head unit to a really nice pioneer system and new speakers only to really like my JBL sound system in my LC trim package much more. I'd give this new system a 7.5 out of 10.

Reactions: LC3
Hi - has anyone played around with CarPlay and high-quality streaming (like Tidal) over a wired USB cable instead of bluetooth? Sitting in my driveway this morning I did some listening and I'm almost certain that it sounds better and less compressed.

Back