Is anyone changing the oil on their LC250 after the 1000 mile break in period?

Haven’t checked the OM. Is the break in at 1000 miles? On the GR Corolla the break in is at 621 miles.

Taking mine in to the dealership early next week for the first oil change with between 1000-1100 miles. Much of the thoughtful conversation among members of this community convinced me to do so.

Miss Daisy has 1195 miles on her odometer, and is patiently waiting for me. I will change the oil as soon as I get back to NC, where she is parked, while I complete my move from FL.

Last edited:
I changed mine at 1,022 miles yesterday and was surprised how cheap the filter was from the dealer. Also surprised that I couldn't find the filter location! There is a thread in this forum, "Easy Peasy ..." that has a pic of the filter however, it is not clear where in the engine compartment it is located. The post stated it was "right in front" implying it was super easy to find. Not.

I just made it to a 1,010 miles. Barely 19 MPG in the city. I'm concerned about waiting for 10,000 MI to change the oil. I'm thinking about doing a quick change and sending it off for testing. I use Blackstone labs.
Apparently, I need to remove the front skid plate, underneath the engine to reveal the filter.

I have appointment for my first oil and filter change tomorrow at 1000 miles. Looking forward to it and will feel better once it's done. I would like to do myself but do not really have the area for it and live in an HOA that prevents it!
I have the same problem. I do it in my garage with the door shut.

I did my first oil change at 1050 miles and second at 3150 miles. This is the oil from break in @ 1050 miles. This is very similar to others at the same mileage. The metal material is high but normal for a new engine. IMO high metal content will cause more wear. I plan on 1k, 3k, 5k and 5k intervals after. Will post the results of the oil content after I get the results. Once the metal content stabilizes 4-5k intervals or yearly should be good.
IMG_8155.jpeg

I did my first oil change at 1050 miles and second at 3150 miles. This is the oil from break in @ 1050 miles. This is very similar to others at the same mileage. The metal material is high but normal for a new engine. IMO high metal content will cause more wear. I plan on 1k, 3k, 5k and 5k intervals after. Will post the results of the oil content after I get the results. Once the metal content stabilizes 4-5k intervals or yearly should be good.
View attachment 12219
I think I heard that TBN was only needed, useful for Diesel engines? Might have been a YouTube video from The Motor Oil Geek, but I don’t recall.

I think I heard that TBN was only needed, useful for Diesel engines? Might have been a YouTube video from The Motor Oil Geek, but I don’t recall.
TBN is useful in gasoline engines as well. It neutralizes acids that result from combustion. It was more important in the days of high sulfur fuel, but it still plays a role today.

TBN is useful in gasoline engines as well. It neutralizes acids that result from combustion. It was more important in the days of high sulfur fuel, but it still plays a role today.
Thanks!!

I wonder if I can change the filter after I change oil? I am thinking not because it is located so low on the engine. I am feeling real stupid for not locating it first!

Did my first oil change on my 2.8 diesel at 1400km/900miles and the looked dark and thin as the factory oil is 0W20 .
Did my second oil change at 5000km/3100miles , our manual "Saudi Spec" calls for 5000km oil changes for diesels and 10000km/6000 miles for petrol cars.

I wonder if I can change the filter after I change oil? I am thinking not because it is located so low on the engine. I am feeling real stupid for not locating it first!
Some oil will drain out when changing. If you are quick and replace the oil that drains should be good. Be careful with the oil level after replacing the filter if new oil has been added. The filter holds oil as well. I would replace the filter and let it run for a little and check the level.

Back