Interior noise

Airdale

đź“› Founding Member
Mar 1, 2024
New Jersey
Vehicles
Honda civic
Hi All, was wondering if you all find your LC engines to be noisy while driving. Is it annoying or bearly noticeable from the drivers seat?

I think the noise from the giant mirrors is more annoying than the engine. I like the little turbo / hybrid sounds.

Noise from the power unit isn’t bad at all in my opinion. The noise from the ICE is definitely audible but certainly not overly intrusive. I think the sound is a bit raspy compared to 6-cylinder or 8-cylinder alternatives. I can hear the turbo spooling up when accelerating, but it isn’t too loud and it kind of “smooths out” the overall sound a bit.

I’m actually very pleasantly surprised at how relatively quiet the interior is given the combination of the ICE, the large mirrors, and the upright A-pillars/windshield.

Coming from a Jeep Wrangler 4XE the LC is like I'm in a church. :)
I just ordered a 1958 model Land Cruiser. I currently drive a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys unlimited. I thought the wind noise was much better in the LC too when I test drove one. I love my Jeep, but looking for a smoother and more quiet ride. Are you pleased with the ride quality of the LC too compared to the Jeep?

Are you pleased with the ride quality of the LC too compared to the Jeep?
Absolutely. My primary goal was to get a better tow vehicle (but not a pickup). The LC is a great upgrade from the 4XE (although I do feel a twinge of regret when I can't go electric around town).

Our new FE is exceptionally quiet. Almost silent. No road or wind noise, and the engine noise isn't noticeable except under full/hard acceleration. Much quieter than the 2022 4Runner Limited we traded in. These noise complaints make me wonder if the First Edition has more sound deadening than the other 2 trims (?), and whether the Michelin tires than came on our truck make any difference. Or did we just get lucky?

Much more quiet than my Taco with 33s and my FJ were. It’s really just the mirrors and wind noise I notice at high speeds.

Back