HUD Alignment

Your HUD looks a lot clearer than mine, any chance you can take a picture of the windshield manufacturer label on the lower right corner?

Attachments

• 20240902_111122.jpg
    20240902_111122.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 53
Thank you! Interesting that yours is ML14SH and mine is ML14S. I wonder if the “H” denotes that it’s for a HUD (potentially confirming that mine has the wrong windshield)

Mine is ML14S and clear.

Just a thought........ did the dealer use a chemical to detail the dash and there is a residue on the projector? Might be as simple as cleaning it with a denatured alcohol wipe.

Mine is ML14S and clear.

Just a thought........ did the dealer use a chemical to detail the dash and there is a residue on the projector? Might be as simple as cleaning it with a denatured alcohol wipe.
I checked and mine doesn’t appear to have any residue on it, might take a stab at cleaning it just in case. I did have a call with a case manager today from Toyota, they are going to do some digging and call me back on Friday to discuss a plan to try and fix the HUD.

Still waiting on a solution from Toyota, I talked to the customer care rep yesterday and she said there is only one model of windshield listed for the Land Cruiser. She thought it was odd that there isn’t a separate part number for models with a HUD so she was going to do more digging.

Last edited:
Update here - after repeated weekly calls with Toyota and them telling me they are still “researching the issue” I finally pressed and told them that they need to replace either the windshield or the HUD, I don't care which. They contacted my local dealer and apparently they have placed an order for a new windshield. Dealer said it would be a few weeks before it comes in, will report back if that corrects my issue.

On this topic, anyone noticed that occasionally the HUD will move its position without any input in the menus? I first noticed this after putting the vehicle up on ramps for an oil change and I thought maybe it tries to re-adjust or re-calibrate itself after sensing a harsh angle of the vehicle. But occasionally as well, without any harsh parking angle it will re-adjust itself to the lowest position (essentially below my angle of viewing) and I solve it by re-adjusting in the menus. Its not a big deal, but I thought I'd check if anyone else had noticed it or maybe I was missing out on a setting or something.

@AndrewTK I've been waiting 6 weeks for a new windshield (a large crack from a highway rock) and have been told by me dealer's parts dept that they may finally have one from Toyota on 10/31. I'm anxious for replacement, but also terrified that they may not be able to get it as perfect as when fresh from the factory (rubber seals and calibration including HUD). When ordering a windshield, they're definitely supposed to choose a special version that includes the HUD... Good luck!

Back