How much should a lift kit cost?

mrpoopyface

📛 Founding Member
Jul 6, 2024
Texas
Vehicles
wagoneer
So a local dealer to Austin is putting a lift kit on all their incoming Land Cruiser. I will admit that it looks pretty slick. However, it's listed as a 9k dealer installed up charge. I'm not sure everything they are doing, but I do know that they are putting 35 inch tires on it. How much should something like this actually cost?

Dealer thinks they're clever sneaking their markup into a lift install that should cost at most $1500 (parts and labor).

Woof. In Denver the westcott is $1500 installed. I’m waiting for some radflo suspensions modifications. It’s a three inch lift and should be 5-6K installed.

All depends what 'lift' it is.
Could be a simple $500 spacer kit, could be a full suspension kit with coilovers, shocks, upper control arms etc. For 9k, you would hope the latter.

So it is a suspension lift. I'm trying to see how much it would cost me to do after the fact. They said that the "lift" cost can be negotiated. Trying to figure out at what cost it's worth to me for negotiating reasons.

So it is a suspension lift. I'm trying to see how much it would cost me to do after the fact. They said that the "lift" cost can be negotiated. Trying to figure out at what cost it's worth to me for negotiating reasons.
I would think a lift with parts and labor plus tires and wheels should run at the most 5K.

So a local dealer to Austin is putting a lift kit on all their incoming Land Cruiser. I will admit that it looks pretty slick. However, it's listed as a 9k dealer installed up charge. I'm not sure everything they are doing, but I do know that they are putting 35 inch tires on it. How much should something like this actually cost?
Did they specify what suspension components they are using? I’m working on a radflo kit but so far I have nothing to lift the rear other than spacers which I’m not going to do.

Any idea what manufacturer they used?
They used OME 722 for a 0.75" rear lift. (To partner with their 2.5" front lift)

Brand wont make any difference, as long as its 200 series coils, and then simply pick the desired height.

Back