How long did it take from when you placed deposit?

From Bay area, CA,

Put the Deposit on 2023-Oct.
I think its delayed this long because, I am specific on one Color, Trim and not ready to pay Markup
I was not in a hurry to replace my current car as its going strong (2015 Highlander 64k) and just came from a Yellowstone Road trip.

If I was ready to compormise on any of the above, I felt I might have been a 3-months old LC owner by now.

As of now still waiting and is expected by August..

Also I have seen lot of reply related tracking the car in ship.
Is tracking possible if I have the VIN ?
Is the car on Toyota SmartPath inventory tracking? Easiest way to find it would be to enter your zip where it’s going, select the dealer, and then see what’s en route there. Can filter on trim and color to narrow it down and then make sure your VIN matches

I also put a deposit down in Aug '23. I have been offered 2 builds that weren't close to what I specified. I find it strange that people on this forum talk about their builds like they placed orders for them? Seems like my dealer's process is to wait until one to your liking falls into your lap. Or are customers taking trims and colors that aren't their top choice at this point?
I don't buy new cars very often, but if I am paying $70k for something it better be the color and trim I want at a minimum.
I sent my build to a local dealer and he was able to tag one exactly as I requested. I’m QC since 5-17 with a 57 day hold. Hopefullly I will receive third week of July!

Is the car on Toyota SmartPath inventory tracking? Easiest way to find it would be to enter your zip where it’s going, select the dealer, and then see what’s en route there. Can filter on trim and color to narrow it down and then make sure your VIN matches
My Allocation, as well as the dealer is not showing up in Smartpath.

I put my depost down May 27th... Still waiting! Now my second arrival time... unless changes again will be 7/9 - 7/27. My LC arrived in Port on April 30th and is presently for the past 2 weeks not on hold? I'm ready to get the thing now!!!!
I'm on-line...and it appears my delivery has been adjusted once again for the 3rd time for a LC that is NOT ON HOLD!!! Now seeing 7/16- 7/28...
I'm starting to think... it's time to look for other options. Ford Bronco ??? There must be some serious issues... with the LC to be stuck in port for over 3 months! Next week... I expect to see another delivery adjusted to 8/1 - 9/10???

If you are talking abt vessel tracking .. there is a thread a bit further back that says vessel /ship tracking and links to click on - if u knw the ship name that helps - or look to see depart /arrival date and guess that ship to be the one yours is on and track its progress - though there will be times it can’t find it till closer to port - learned this from others on here

If you are talking abt vessel tracking .. there is a thread a bit further back that says vessel /ship tracking and links to click on - if u knw the ship name that helps - or look to see depart /arrival date and guess that ship to be the one yours is on and track its progress - though there will be times it can’t find it till closer to port - learned this from others on here
Nah not vessel tracking

Just this: Toyota Inventory | New Toyota Inventory Search

My LC arrived in America on 4/30/24... It was built in Japan on 4/3/24... I'm 6hours away from the Port and NO HOLD on the LC... Yet 3 months sitting in a lot... You can't see the issue???

My LC arrived in America on 4/30/24... It was built in Japan on 4/3/24... I'm 6hours away from the Port and NO HOLD on the LC... Yet 3 months sitting in a lot... You can't see the issue???
I think there are shortages of parts added post production, at the port, by specialized teams of workers.

“You can’t see the issue ???”

I’m pretty sure I never said there was or wasn’t an issue - I was saying how to track it via ship if that was of interest- didn’t say anything else really .. so kinda confused abt the reply … ur not the only one waiting for a Non QC LC - I am as well

“You can’t see the issue ???”

I’m pretty sure I never said there was or wasn’t an issue - I was saying how to track it via ship if that was of interest- didn’t say anything else really .. so kinda confused abt the reply … ur not the only one waiting for a Non QC LC - I am as well
Sorry, typing too fast. Meant to say... "You can see the issue". i.e. everyone lol

I placed my deposit today for a mid level land cruiser in heritage blue. They said it would take a year. That was after they were trying to sell me a different color model that is being delivered in 2 months. So I don't know how much they were trying to persuade me to not wait a year.

So, how long did it take those who read this to receive their LC after they placed their deposit?

Thanks
It took about 10 days from when I put my deposit to driving my LC 1958 home. Of course they told me something like "at least 3 months" when I put the deposit down. Never take a dealer's word for anything. I don't know if they're being shady or don't know what they're talking about. They want to sell as many cars as possible in the shortest amount so time so once you have that deposit down, they'll try their hardest to get the vehicle on the lot and get you to sign that dotted line.

I put my deposit down May 29th and picked up my First Edition June 28th. It was a lot faster than I expected.

Deposit down 8/16/23 and was told I was 27th on the wailist. I took delivery this past Tuesday 7/9/24.

My dealership moves a massive amount of 4Runners, so they got a lot of LC allocations and had already cleared out the waiting list by the time I got mine, so in the end I probably didn't need to do the deposit/waitlist. Oh well, the wait was kinda fun!

I had pretty specific wants, so I am pretty sure I did get the first one that matched -> LC Trim, non-premium, 18" wheels, in blue or yellow (ended up with blue). I had been offered a few allocations a month earlier in Meteor Shower, but I figured I could wait for the color I really wanted.

We just took home our LC trim Land Cruiser with Premium Package and 20" wheels. We just walked in to the dealer cold to see if there was one to look at (not on a waiting list). They had just taken it off the truck and were prepping it in the back. They had a $10K markup listed on the window sticker, but they abandoned that pretty quickly when we asked. Were we just lucky or are they starting to show up in sufficient numbers? What a nice vehicle it is.

Last edited:
Deposit mid May. On route and hopefully here July 27th so 2.5 months.

Deposit 6/25/24

Got this text this morning 7/17/24 when I contacted the salesman for an update, “I actually think your LC just got here“.

It all depends on when the vehicle was ordered and how far along the process you put the deposit on it. Mine was built in May and I should be getting it this week? Its a couple month process

Back