Hi All! Checking in from Castle Rock, CO

kuzco

đź“› Founding Member
Sep 8, 2024
Media
CO
Vehicles
2024 LCLC
Happy to be here! Has anyone found a bug deflector for the 250 yet? After a couple trips the bugs have plastered the windshield.

IMG_2876.jpeg

Hi there. 80108 here and just yesterday signed up for an allocation on a Heritage Blue down at Corwin. It gets here in November; look forward to confusing you in the grocery store lot!

Hi there. 80108 here and just yesterday signed up for an allocation on a Heritage Blue down at Corwin. It gets here in November; look forward to confusing you in the grocery store lot!
Congrats! You’re going to love it!

Cool truck. I'm just up the road from you in Lone Tree.

I wanted to do a ride over Hagerman Pass later this week but the wife doesn't want to go . . . yet. I'm still working on it.

If I can't convince her, we'll probably do an easy ride down Rampart Range Road and, time permitting, up to Eleven Mile Canyon. Let me know if you want to caravan.

Happy to be here! Has anyone found a bug deflector for the 250 yet? After a couple trips the bugs have plastered the windshield.

View attachment 10938
Nice looking 18" wheels. Gonna have to be a large deflector to route bugs over the near vertical windshield. Carry a can of spray for bugs. Our Costco gas station eliminated window washers as Canadians were fighting over them in the winter time. Solution: get rid of the buckets.

Cool truck. I'm just up the road from you in Lone Tree.

I wanted to do a ride over Hagerman Pass later this week but the wife doesn't want to go . . . yet. I'm still working on it.

If I can't convince her, we'll probably do an easy ride down Rampart Range Road and, time permitting, up to Eleven Mile Canyon. Let me know if you want to caravan.
Nice! I’m in the same boat…pushing the wife for Imogene pass or others in the area but no go yet ha. We did do Boreas Pass in Breckenridge, but that’s a simple dirt road.

Nice! I’m in the same boat…pushing the wife for Imogene pass or others in the area but no go yet ha. We did do Boreas Pass in Breckenridge, but that’s a simple dirt road.
They closed Imogene and Black Bear this weekend due to mudslides.

Boreas is easy but there are some scenic areas, like the old train station and water tanks. Did you get any photos?

Rampart Range starts right in your back yard. I just don't remember there being a lot of scenic areas for photos. We'll see.

There's another ride you can do that will put your LC through its paces. But it's a shart stretch so you don't have to worry about getting stuck or in any other trouble. It's the road to Lake Urad.

Take I-70 to the Empire exit and head up toward Berthoud Pass. Just as you start heading up, at the place called "Big Bend," exit the road and go toward Jones Pass. About a mile up that road you'll see a sign for "Lake Urad, 3.1 miles." The road is smooth at first but quickly gets rough with some really steep, deeply rutted switchbacks. Fun, fun, fun. The 0.1 mile steep hike to the lake from the parking area is also fun and the lake is super scenic.

Back