Guns and Landcruisers... Hot Topic... Not for every one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierac

đź“› Founding Member
Jun 3, 2024
Media
Arizona
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
I have been given some (feces) about having a gun in my glove box...! So to not to create a distraction from other threads.. I think it's better to have it's own thread...

So how many here keep a Gun in their LC on a daily bases?

In good humor... and tolerance.... Let the (feces) fly!!! There is no right and wrong.... Just opinions... (ie feces)... ;)

tenor-1333290299.gif

Man, a downvote from the only guy in Idaho without a handgun..

Personally I would not carry a handgun in a vehicle outside of a gun safe. Plus I'm sure there's a Toyota sticker somewhere forbidding handguns in the glovebox.

In CA, storage and transport laws are oppressive. Probably not a good practice here. But at least AZ is a free state. You need to work to keep it that way.
Yea.... I totally get that... I have shot in 2... Steel Challenge World Championships in San Luis Obispo,... I had to store my guns in a locked box... and the ammo in a different box in my Toyota Highlander! Never got stopped... so who knows....?

So you saying your a poo'sy about guns? Not sure you keep one in your LC? I'm guessing not?

You asked so nicely for feces, and i didn't want to leave you hangin!

I have been given some (feces) about having a gun in my glove box...! So to not to create a distraction from other threads.. I think it's better to have it's own thread...

So how many here keep a Gun in their LC on a daily bases?

In good humor... and tolerance.... Let the (feces) fly!!! There is no right and wrong.... Just opinions... (ie feces)... ;)
I’m a concealed carry permit holder and shoot in matches frequently. Drive around with a lot of guns and ammo. One would never “keep a gun in your LC”. Like store it there if that’s what you mean. If you carry a pistol the pistol would either be in a safe and secure location within the vehicle or on your body or pocket etc in a holster all while you are in and/or driving the vehicle. If you have to leave the vehicle to enter a location prohibiting firearms the gun needs to be secured in the vehicle in e.g. a console safe or back seat safe. If you are going somewhere where concealed carry is not possible or legal you leave your firearms at home. Of course there is no point having a loaded firearm and it not being accessible if needed. As for the glove box, I would never store a gun there the muzzle is either pointed at you or the car next to you. You might consider a holster mount under the drivers seat with muzzle pointed downward.

I only own long guns and only drive with them when I am going hunting or skeet shooting. I may try to find an aftermarket rack for the back storage area, as generally I travel with soft sided cases. Since I don’t own any handguns, nothing that fits in the glove box. I also have kids though, so I wouldn’t do that anyway.

Have always had a hard time imagining any situation where I would prefer a handgun to a long gun anyway. Give me a shot gun if it’s a matter of self defense, my hunting rifle for everything else.

I have considered getting a judge, but that’s because it’s pretty snakey where we hunt and I don’t want the dogs messing with rattlers.

Man, a downvote from the only guy in Idaho without a handgun..

Personally I would not carry a handgun in a vehicle outside of a gun safe. Plus I'm sure there's a Toyota sticker somewhere forbidding handguns in the glovebox.
Exactly what I what to know... How different are the laws and comfort levels over the nation.

I was born and raised in Tennessee... Moved to Arizona... Having a gun in Tennessee was like having a glass of water.... No one payed attention as it's a normal thing... In fact 1/2 my students at my high school had guns in their trucks/cars every day... and no one called the police or gave a crap!

Why? Because guns don't kill people like you were taught! People kill people.... No one died at my school with 10 times the guns actualy on site compaired to taday!!

Thanks for the input.... No right or wrong answers... just opinions or Poo like trailwhale loves so much

I only own long guns and only drive with them when I am going hunting or skeet shooting. I may try to find an aftermarket rack for the back storage area, as generally I travel with soft sided cases. Since I don’t own any handguns, nothing that fits in the glove box. I also have kids though, so I wouldn’t do that anyway.

Have always had a hard time imagining any situation where I would prefer a handgun to a long gun anyway. Give me a shot gun if it’s a matter of self defense, my hunting rifle for everything else.

I have considered getting a judge, but that’s because it’s pretty snakey where we hunt and I don’t want the dogs messing with rattlers.
Yes I agree about a shotgun. But that’s usually in a home defense situation or anywhere there is sufficient space to access it and bring it on target. Usually standing. Sitting within or exiting a vehicle that can definitely be tricky with a long gun whereas a pistol can be brought on target, even drawn while exiting, all very quickly with multiple accurate shoots. e.g. a national competitor can exit a car draw a pistol and fire multiple x’ s at a target 20 yards away in less than 1 second.

Yes I agree about a shotgun. But that’s usually in a home defense situation or anywhere there is sufficient space to access it and bring it on target. Usually standing. Sitting within or exiting a vehicle that can definitely be tricky with a long gun whereas a pistol can be brought on target, even drawn while exiting, all very quickly with multiple accurate shoots. e.g. a national competitor can exit a car draw a pistol and fire multiple x’ s at a target 20 yards away in less than 1 second.
That’s true, but if I need to draw a gun while exiting I’m 1000% more likely to stay in my seat and accelerate away!

Being hit by space debris while driving is higher probability event

That’s true, but if I need to draw a gun while exiting I’m 1000% more likely to stay in my seat and accelerate away!
I’m not saying you do it, you have the option of doing it if the situation warrants it. You always choose the non-confrontational option if available.

I’m a concealed carry permit holder and shoot in matches frequently. Drive around with a lot of guns and ammo. One would never “keep a gun in your LC”. Like store it there if that’s what you mean. If you carry a pistol the pistol would either be in a safe and secure location within the vehicle or on your body or pocket etc in a holster all while you are in and/or driving the vehicle. If you have to leave the vehicle to enter a location prohibiting firearms the gun needs to be secured in the vehicle in e.g. a console safe or back seat safe. If you are going somewhere where concealed carry is not possible or legal you leave your firearms at home. Of course there is no point having a loaded firearm and it not being accessible if needed. As for the glove box, I would never store a gun there the muzzle is either pointed at you or the car next to you. You might consider a holster mount under the drivers seat with muzzle pointed downward.
Glad I satrted this thread.... as it may be important for different states and laws

I keep my gun in the glove box cold... if you shoot matches you know what that means.... And you stated... "Of course there is no point having a loaded firearm and it not being accessible if needed."

You made my point!

I keep my gun in a locked car... I'm not going to risk my and my families security on the risk some one will break in and steal it and kill some one later... If that is the case then if some one breaks in to your car steals it and has a accident and kills someone later ... some how it's on you... I don't think so!

Being hit by space debris while driving is higher probability event
Glad I satrted this thread.... as it may be important for different states and laws

I keep my gun in the glove box cold... if you shoot matches you know what that means.... And you stated... "Of course there is no point having a loaded firearm and it not being accessible if needed."

You made my point!

I keep my gun in a locked car... I'm not going to risk my and my families security on the risk some one will break in and steal it and kill some one later... If that is the case then if some one breaks in to your car steals it and has a accident and kills someone later ... some how it's on you... I don't think so!
No problem we do exactly as you’re saying all the time. By accessible I mean “safely accessible”. Most guys I know have a holster mounted with muzzle pointed down. As for cold, usually magazine loaded no cartridge in chamber. But if it’s a 1911 or 2011 with grip and thumb safeties fully loaded, cartridge in chamber.

I’m not saying you do it, you have the option of doing it if the situation warrants it. You always choose the non-confrontational option if available.
The non-confrontational option.... Is the best option!!! Here in AZ you never ever ever ever show your gun... unless your pulling the trigger!!!

Arizona will let your carry to your hearts content... But you better never ever pull your gun unless your about to die.... !!!

Gun lawyers here in Az will tell you... if you pull out your gun here in Az... even if you don't shoot... It's going to cost you $50, 000 to stay out of jail... If and only if you did so legally. Az has some of the more severe gun laws in the country to the suprise of many! Yes you can open carry anywhere.... but there are serious legal risk!

Awful lot of people smiling at each other in AZ!

Ohh skeet shooting... That brings back memories... getting old... My kids shot Skeet, Trap, and Sporting clays... I was a SCTP coach for the kids for years! In fact.. My son got a scholarship at Hillsdale College to shoot on the team. He was Team Caption his senior year!

As far as I know... Hilldale College is the only college to tell the goverment to blow !

They take no goverment funds and therefore are not subject to federal laws! So woke BS is not allowed on campus! They focus on studies... Hillsdale is what Harvard and Yale were 40 years ago... Leaders in education not political correctness!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back