First mod on your Land Cruiser?

This thread may contain affiliate links of Ebay and Amazon – in return our forum earns a small commission for referral.
They don’t have the FE knee extension yet, they said they would pattern one in the near future.
They are pretty quick on getting products out. I think they pushed out the 1958s first as the cloth/leather upgrade usually have priority vs leather to stylish leather upgrade.

Looks great. Does anyone know if the Rear Window Accessory Panel from Prinsu - will work with the OEM rack?
Just saw a picture of a FE with rack and the window panels installed. Looked sharp on a Heritage Blue.

Tire dude worked his magic and presto-chango.
I love the look of the KO3's - I want to love them but have to ask - Did they have any issue with balancing the tires? Have you noticed any vibration when you first start driving or once you reach higher speeds?

Hmmm.... Wonder if Man-A-Fre will come out with a V8 conversion kit like the one they had for the FJ55. Might be kind of hard feeding fuel for a 4 bolt main Chevy 350 today, but don't tempt me LOL.

Guess need to make sure a pair of Ruff Tough (now Ruff Land) Intermediate kennels will sit side by side in the back. Pretty sure they will and if I have to can size down. If I really have to.

First mod will be a platform for the dogs where the rear seat is and storage for the shotguns below it. Out of sight.

22179751805_e7924540df_b.jpg

I don't plan on ripping out the rear seats in the LC. Yet.

Other mods I will wait and see and let others beta test them to see how they turn out. I'm pretty sure it will not take long for after market parts to show up.
Nice Toller! I have a 4yr old male that is my main hunting buddy. We measured the back for intermediate ruff land kennels and it should work fine. We are expecting our LC to arrive mid August.

I love the look of the KO3's - I want to love them but have to ask - Did they have any issue with balancing the tires? Have you noticed any vibration when you first start driving or once you reach higher speeds?
No vibration but when they put it on the first time, they didn’t balance the tires correctly. One tire on the back had almost 5ounce of weight. I brought them back to a more updated store and the tire with the most weight is now 2.5 ounces, the other 3 are 1.5, 0.5 and none

None and I’ve aired down and back up three times.

Just got my heritage blue LC. Couple questions for the group.

1. Has anyone found any decent additional storage options? With cool box and charging pad, there’s very little storage areas for basic items I’ve always kept in my previous vehicles - pen, multitool, flash light, etc. I’m exploring adding a couple these below the steering column. Open to other ideas though!

2. Are there any options to improve the appearance of the bumper when you take off the hitch cover? Or do I just to wait til an aftermarket bumper becomes available?

Did you just modify/cut the stock diaper? Or is that something you can actually buy?
It comes with all LCs. Did you check all the storage compartments in the cargo area? There is one directly behind the back seats, you have to fold a seat down to access it.

It comes with all LCs. Did you check all the storage compartments in the cargo area? There is one directly behind the back seats, you have to fold a seat down to access it.

You can get into those compartments by climbing into the back as well. (I have carseats, so my back seats do not go down without added effort/annoyance)

Good call! I pulled those pieces out and saw one for the front license plate and assumed they were together. Solid upgrade over the full diaper!

What will your first mod be on the new Land Cruiser?
not really mods, but for sure some half way respectable tires (dealer installing some coopers)... and getting rid of that iforce badge before driving off the lot...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240721_115224_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240721_115224_Firefox.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 57
For anyone interested, I added some storage below the steering column to hold some essentials that normally would be rattling in the center console but not possible with the cool box.

IMG_1714.jpeg

IMG_1715.jpeg

Back