First mod on your Land Cruiser?

Attachments

• IMG_5921.jpeg
    IMG_5921.jpeg
    515.4 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_5922.jpeg
    IMG_5922.jpeg
    562.1 KB · Views: 240
I ceramic tinted all the windows except windshield. I live is very hot area. Big difference.
This aquarium suv was so hot. Now with a windshield shade and ceramic tint huge improvement.
What tint did you go with? I was pretty disappointed in my xpel ceramic tint. I looked up the specs and darker blocks significantly more heat. I went with 70% all around and honestly don’t think I would pay for it again.

Had to get some underbody protection on. I looked at aftermarket options and they seemed very expensive with long lead times so I opted for the Toyota front and rear steel skid plates. The rear plate covers the transmission. Part numbers are PT228-60242 (Front) and PT228-35241 (Rear - packaging calls it a transfer case skid plate.) The stock front plate on my 1958 is shown in one of the photos - it's a combination of steel and plastic(!). The replacements are all steel. A couple of issues with the Toyota products; 1) there is no access door for oil changes so the plates will have to be removed for that, 2) the front plate shipped with an additional bracket that was not shown on the instructions and is not needed for installation - not sure. what that is about, 3) I had to add some cardboard shims where the rear plate and front plate overlap - with the mounting bolts tightened there was still play between the plates that would have created a rattling noise - no noise is heard with the shims.

Attachments

• 1958 Stock Skid.JPG
    1958 Stock Skid.JPG
    431.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Cardboard Shims.jpg
    Cardboard Shims.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Unused Bracket in P228-60242.jpg
    Unused Bracket in P228-60242.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Side View New Skids.jpg
    Side View New Skids.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 128
  • Installed Front and Rear Skid.jpg
    Installed Front and Rear Skid.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 140
Does that additional bracket go at the front, or back, of one of the skid plates?

Does that additional bracket go at the front, or back, of one of the skid plates?
That bracket doesn't fit anywhere that I can find and it's not shown on the product insert/instructions. It is very similar to the front plastic bracket that was on the standard skid plate that was delivered with the vehicle but it has no use that I can determine for the new one piece all steel front plate. In doing my research on the new plates I was sent documentation on a variation that had a similar bracket shown but that was a different plate than I purchased. I think Toyota has been somewhat slow in rolling out accessories for these vehicles and perhaps has had some growing pains with product variations - in fact, I had to have the dealer oder the back plate; it didn't show on the Toyota website at all.

That bracket doesn't fit anywhere that I can find and it's not shown on the product insert/instructions. It is very similar to the front plastic bracket that was on the standard skid plate that was delivered with the vehicle but it has no use that I can determine for the new one piece all steel front plate. In doing my research on the new plates I was sent documentation on a variation that had a similar bracket shown but that was a different plate than I purchased. I think Toyota has been somewhat slow in rolling out accessories for these vehicles and perhaps has had some growing pains with product variations - in fact, I had to have the dealer oder the back plate; it didn't show on the Toyota website at all.
Check the skid plate thread, and somewhere (maybe there) are the Toyota install directions that show how to install that front black piece.

First mod for me will be a center console organizer, tires (not sure which yet). Then some kind of rear storage bins for my fly rods and miscellaneous gear. I don’t really plan on doing much besides enjoying the heck out of this ride!

Did you ceramic tint the rear seat and back windows that were all factory tinted/privacy glass or just the front two and windshield? I have Xpel on my front two and windshield, just curious if there is a noticeable cooling effect in the cabin if I add ceramic to the factory glass in the back.
Yes, we had it ceramic tinted all the way around, but i asked to make the tint darkness all uniform, so it wont look two different shades of tint. I do feel a huge difference with heat and having the front windshield tinted also, giving a cooling affect, you will still feel the heat but very noticeable compared to ceramic and non ceramic tint.

Anyone know anything about DV8 products? From what I gathered on the YouTube video and boomer book, this is an upcoming product.
IMG_9334.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about DV8 products? From what I gathered on the YouTube video and boomer book, this is an upcoming product. View attachment 8789
A related post about this, I believe DV8 used his vehicle to spec/test this winch.

They are called the Predator Drop Steps, Toyota sales them on their website under accessories.
my predator drop steps arrived today at the parts dept of the dealership... i am debating if i can install it myself to avoid the $400 installation fee.... is it straight up install screw on? where are they mounted? on the chassis? or underneath the door frame body? no drilling required? i cant seem to find any install video for it specifically for the 2024 LC? i found a couple of videos where they did it at home but on a 2023 tacoma.. any pics of the mounting would be greatly appreciated or videos would be awesome.. thaNKS IN ADVance

my predator drop steps arrived today at the parts dept of the dealership... i am debating if i can install it myself to avoid the $400 installation fee.... is it straight up install screw on? where are they mounted? on the chassis? or underneath the door frame body? no drilling required? i cant seem to find any install video for it specifically for the 2024 LC? i found a couple of videos where they did it at home but on a 2023 tacoma.. any pics of the mounting would be greatly appreciated or videos would be awesome.. thaNKS IN ADVance
The dealer should be able to tell you. I just installed the Toyota OEM rock rails on my 1958. 8 bolts on each side that thread into the frame. No drilling or major drama involved. I'm not familiar with the Predator steps though but my guess is that they too bolt into the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_8159.jpg
    IMG_8159.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_8160.JPG
    IMG_8160.JPG
    287.8 KB · Views: 106
The dealer should be able to tell you. I just installed the Toyota OEM rock rails on my 1958. 8 bolts on each side that thread into the frame. No drilling or major drama involved. I'm not familiar with the Predator steps though but my guess is that they too bolt into the frame.
reason i asking is because all the videos i have watched of predator drop step install for both tundra 2023 and tacoma 2023 are bolted underneath the frame body... and not the chassis.

Those look awesome, you wouldn’t happen to have a part number would you? I want to put a set on my 58.

Since they are steps they will bolt to the body. The frame won’t be used. There will most likely be bolts on the body that have to be removed. These bolts are just to seal the hole basically.

It's pretty simple....... hold the step up under the rocker panel, you will see a series of bolts that match he holes in the steps. Remove the bolts, install the step, reusing the bolts you just removed. The worst that can happen is you can't figure it out and take it to the dealer. My bet is you'll figure it out very quickly and save $400 bucks.

It's pretty simple....... hold the step up under the rocker panel, you will see a series of bolts that match he holes in the steps. Remove the bolts, install the step, reusing the bolts you just removed. The worst that can happen is you can't figure it out and take it to the dealer. My bet is you'll figure it out very quickly and save $400 bucks.
Plus grab a buddy to help hold the rails up or a jack stand or two

Back