First mod on your Land Cruiser?

Anyone think getting PPF is not worth it? Primarily afraid of my partner scraping/scratching stuff... Then branches and other offroad junk.
No I am having it ceramic self healing coated . I have ppf on my Porsche and now I wish I had just ceramic coated it . PPF has to be replaced every 4-6 years and it’s a pain .

Anyone with a 1958 considering Katzkins - or had them installed previously? Leather is the only think keeping me waiting for the FEs to clear the QC hold.

I had them on a Ford F250, great covers. I'd recommend letting a pro shop install them, mine looked like factory a friend, his where not nearly as tight........ looked like he put them on (which he did) I paid $300 for the install (this was many years ago), well worth it for the over all finish.

Last edited:
My First Mod... will be to install my Magnet... on the back!

Attachments

• 20240614_115036.jpg
    20240614_115036.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 92
Anyone with a 1958 considering Katzkins - or had them installed previously? Leather is the only think keeping me waiting for the FEs to clear the QC hold.

I had them on my 2011 4Runner Trail. The stock storm cloth took me an hour to remove GSD shedding dog fur. Katzkins were great replacement.

I have gone thru all the seat covers and protection on my trucks for years to protect the leather seats . Then in 4-7 years sell vehicles with perfect seats , but never enjoyed the leather seats , because they were always covered .
My last two truck/ suv I just sit on the leather seats I ordered to enjoy them myself . If I wear them out I will just recover .
Why order leather if your going to cover with some cheap crap tomato on .

I have gone thru all the seat covers and protection on my trucks for years to protect the leather seats . Then in 4-7 years sell vehicles with perfect seats , but never enjoyed the leather seats , because they were always covered .
My last two truck/ suv I just sit on the leather seats I ordered to enjoy them myself . If I wear them out I will just recover .
Why order leather if your going to cover with some cheap crap tomato on .
OP implied considering purchasing non-leather which I thought..... cloth seats, so his question was has anyone used Katzin covers. IMO Katzin covers are very far from "cheap tomato crap" they are very hi end leather covers that when applied correctly look better than factory leather. But that's just my opinion.

They are very proud of them tho' I wouldn't buy them to cover up leather as the old covers probably need to be removed to fit correctly. But if you wanted to add a splash of color to an otherwise boring all black interior, they do custom leather covers as well. I put saddle leather in my F250, it changed it dramatically and looked wonderful, but almost needed a bank loan......LOL

They are very proud of them tho' I wouldn't buy them to cover up leather as the old covers probably need to be removed to fit correctly. But if you wanted to add a splash of color to an otherwise boring all black interior, they do custom leather covers as well. I put saddle leather in my F250, it changed it dramatically and looked wonderful, but almost needed a bank loan......LOL

What’s the price point to fully recover the seats? Would be a pretty good way to get leather with round headlights and save a few grand - with that said, I think I’m going to hang tight for the FE to clear the QC hold as it’s been two months at this point, what’s a few more weeks

What’s the price point to fully recover the seats? Would be a pretty good way to get leather with round headlights and save a few grand - with that said, I think I’m going to hang tight for the FE to clear the QC hold as it’s been two months at this point, what’s a few more weeks
For the F250 is was around 5K if I remember correctly, then another 1000 to have them professionally put on. My buddy did his himself and they looked like a bag full of boiled possums. Mine looked like they came that way, all the crevice's were tucked tight, seams ended up straight and where they were supposed to be etc.....

When I got the F250 the seats were roached badly.

There's a few videos on the Katzin, almost the same process to make them as if you were to use a dedicated shop, but without all the down time waiting to have them made etc....

If I didn't want all the electronic do-dads on the LC/FE or LC/LC I would def get them for a 1958.

I would use mine as they came and when they’re out use the katskins

Towing a trailer reminded me of the gas mileage I used to get with my FJ. But, with the hybrid engine, I didn’t even notice I was pulling anything. The towing controls worked great!
Nice setup! Any additional insights like how far did you tow the trailer, weight of the trailer, mpg etc? Thanks for posting the pictures. Waiting patiently on my FE Trail Dust to arrive in Portland today or tomorrow via ship and then get through processing...

Nice setup! Any additional insights like how far did you tow the trailer, weight of the trailer, mpg etc? Thanks for posting the pictures. Waiting patiently on my FE Trail Dust to arrive in Portland today or tomorrow via ship and then get through processing...
Trailer is around 2500-2750 lbs with all the gear I’ve added. The trip wasn’t that far, a few hundred miles, one way. I ended up with about 14mpg on average. It was also very hot so I had the AC pumping as well, which didn’t help.

Back