Expected reliability of LC 250 compared to the GX 550

May not be the most relevant example but my 2021 Ram 1500 has the 5.7 hemi etorque mild hybrid. I’ve done extensive side by side with my neighbors non etorque and it’s almost imperceptible the different in feel and mpg. Sure seems like a lot of wasted parts and complexity in the case of Ram. I
Guess I’m still waffling between the LC and GX. Leaning heavily towards the LC at the moment. I’m curious how much the “Max” version 550 will improve the 17 mpg on the non max.

Whats everyones thoughts on buying a first generation model from toyota/lexus? Ive always thought you shouldnt do it, and grab a 2nd or 3rd year model after they work out some kinks. The redesigned tundra seems like a good example of kinks in the 2022’s

I am becoming concerned there may indeed be "kinks" in the hybrid drivetrain of the new LC. It is delayed across the models in which it will be implemented, i.e. the LC, GX550, and even the Tacoma. To this end, may spring for a GX over the LC, and bite the bullet in fuel economy. The driving reviews of the GX are all glowing. One smooth/quiet machine.

Reactions: Jim
Worth noting, it may be easier to find info on the 'truck version' of the Hybrid Max by looking up Tacoma specs for the TRD Pro and Trailhunter.. apparently the truck version has quite a few changes from the car version.

Never a bad idea to wait IMO. If you’re going to risk it and go 1st gen. Tahara plant is known for producing top level vehicles.

Worth noting, it may be easier to find info on the 'truck version' of the Hybrid Max by looking up Tacoma specs for the TRD Pro and Trailhunter.. apparently the truck version has quite a few changes from the car version.
Is there a "car version" of the Tacoma/GX/LC hybrid drivetrain? To my knowledge, they are markedly different, but honestly not all that familiar with the Lexus line.

Is there a "car version" of the Tacoma/GX/LC hybrid drivetrain? To my knowledge, they are markedly different, but honestly not all that familiar with the Lexus line.
There is a car version of the 4 cyl turbo Hybrid Max.. Id have to find the video, (Found it, link below) but a Toyota engineer talked about the differences, like upgraded cooling in the truck version. I remember them mentioning 3" coolant lines specifically.

Video..

Thanks! Yes, I remember viewing this. I was thinking more of the hybrid and transmission systems. Totally different in the cars to the best of my knowledge.

Whats everyones thoughts on buying a first generation model from toyota/lexus? Ive always thought you shouldnt do it, and grab a 2nd or 3rd year model after they work out some kinks. The redesigned tundra seems like a good example of kinks in the 2022’s

I'm a sucker for first-generation models and have had good luck. Some of the vehicles include the Lexus ISF (2007), the third-gen Toyota Tundra's first year (2007), the fourth-gen 4Runner's first year, the initial year of the second-gen Raptor, and the first-year model of the Bronco."

Back