Door Sill Install

bgeorger

📛 Founding Member
Jun 18, 2024
Media
Buffalo, NY
Vehicles
24 Land Cruiser FE, 996 911
Completed the install of the illuminated door sills and it was a breeze. If anyone gets hung up I’d be happy to walk you through it.

As a bonus, I did the heritage center caps.

Attachments

• IMG_1825.jpeg
    IMG_1825.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1822.jpeg
    IMG_1822.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 248
Looks nice! Has anyone found any solutions to protect the painted part of the door sill?

Looks nice! Has anyone found any solutions to protect the painted part of the door sill?
When my windows were being tinted they asked me if I wanted them to put PPF on that part, I said absolutely!! I think you can probably buy some on amazon and cut it yourself pretty easy

I installed the doors sills today and as others have said, removing the plugs on the factory wire harness are the only pain point in the process. Some others posted that it was difficult to remove them, that they had to use an ice pick, etc.

I struggled with them too until I noticed that there is a release on the connectors tip. Just squeeze the end of the connectors with some thin pliers and the clips snap right open. Easy peasy. Nice, Toyota! ;)

Completed the install of the illuminated door sills and it was a breeze. If anyone gets hung up I’d be happy to walk you through it.

What does the rear door sills look like are they illuminated? Can you take a picture of the rears?

I am assuming it is set for all four.

I also had PPF installed on the door sills (front and back) when I had the rest of the vehicle done. I’ve always done this on my vehicles and it does an excellent job of protecting them.

Hi there. I am starting the door sill install and see there appears to be a cover over the OEM factory plug. I don’t easily see how to remove that and expose the male end of the connector to do the install. I’m afraid to break that. Another post indicated to be ready to “break some clips”

Use a hook tool. If you search this forum "EOD Guy's Ride" ..... it shows how I did it.

Note: I actually removed the fastener securing the connector to the body, it was a pain to disconnect and reconnect so I popped the fastener, no ill effects at all.

I installed the doors sills today and as others have said, removing the plugs on the factory wire harness are the only pain point in the process. Some others posted that it was difficult to remove them, that they had to use an ice pick, etc.

I struggled with them too until I noticed that there is a release on the connectors tip. Just squeeze the end of the connectors with some thin pliers and the clips snap right open. Easy peasy. Nice, Toyota! ;)
Thanks that helped a ton. I knew there had to be a release.

Hi there. I am starting the door sill install and see there appears to be a cover over the OEM factory plug. I don’t easily see how to remove that and expose the male end of the connector to do the install. I’m afraid to break that. Another post indicated to be ready to “break some clips”
Thanks i figured it out there is a release on top of the connector cover. Depress that with thin needle nose pliers and the cover slides right off. No brute force or breakage required.

Any chance you have a part number for those heritage center caps? Not a fan of the ‘T’ logo caps as it looks out of place imo

Back