Does dealer you choose matter

mrpoopyface

📛 Founding Member
Jul 6, 2024
Texas
Vehicles
wagoneer
If all things equal, does the dealer you buy from matter?

I was all set to get the heritage blue LC from a dealer I had placed a deposit for this weekend but saw the meteor shower color at another lot and decided I want to get that color instead.

The dealer I have the deposit with doesn't have meteor show at the moment and will be probably a month out before it does.

I'm curious if there are benefits to using a particular dealer? For instance:

1. Could one dealer have a better chance at getting you a better load interest rate?
2. If something ends up being wrong with the car, would one dealer work with you to fix the issue better than the other?

Absolutely depends on the particular dealer. Rely on your gut instincts. Will they refund your deposit without a fight? Meteor Shower, our choice also... In our neck of the woods, it seems the larger the dealer, the more will-oiled spiel they spout, and more smoke & mirrors. If you are doing a trade and financing via the dealer, my sympathy goes out to you. Use your bank or credit union.

Last edited:
Well, the dealer who has my deposit right now is the one I would trust more. I think I'll just tell them I want to switch and wait until they have a meteor shower one.

Well, the dealer who has my deposit right now is the one I would trust more. I think I'll just tell them I want to switch and wait until they have a meteor shower one.
If you have a good relationship with that dealer stick with them.

Waiting a month won’t be that bad.

Can dealers trade vehicles? I ask because another dealer has a FE in meteor shower with no upcharge. I just don't like the person that was trying to sell me the vehicle. Was kind of rude.

Can dealers trade vehicles? I ask because another dealer has a FE in meteor shower with no upcharge. I just don't like the person that was trying to sell me the vehicle. Was kind of rude.
Certainly, they can trade, but depends on the relationship between the dealers. I would be for dumping the rude salesperson. As a group, I find they are terribly arrogant and pushy. Find out when his/her days off are, and then approach another salesperson. They are a dime a dozen. They are NOT your friend, no matter how they attempt to come across. I am jealous you are finding these LC's available. Not the case here. If only Texas were closer...

Certainly, they can trade, but depends on the relationship between the dealers. I would be for dumping the rude salesperson. As a group, I find they are terribly arrogant and pushy. Find out when his/her days off are, and then approach another salesperson. They are a dime a dozen. They are NOT your friend, no matter how they attempt to come across. I am jealous you are finding these LC's available. Not the case here. If only Texas were closer...

It’s up to you, pick whoever you want you’re not obligated to go with the first guy that walks up to you.

If all things equal, does the dealer you buy from matter?

I was all set to get the heritage blue LC from a dealer I had placed a deposit for this weekend but saw the meteor shower color at another lot and decided I want to get that color instead.

The dealer I have the deposit with doesn't have meteor show at the moment and will be probably a month out before it does.

I'm curious if there are benefits to using a particular dealer? For instance:

1. Could one dealer have a better chance at getting you a better load interest rate?
2. If something ends up being wrong with the car, would one dealer work with you to fix the issue better than the other?
Yeah ask if your preferred dealer can make a trade for the M/S! I would.

It absolutely makes a difference! In my recent experience, I dumped the dealership that I had previously purchased a high end Tacoma from due to their "take it or leave it attitude". I Found the exact same vehicle with 5X as many dealer add-ons for 10K less, Orig dealership was "we're not budging" went with the new deaership and they offer a lifetime powertrain warranty, even losing the 1K deposit, I still saved 8K.

Concerning your rude sales person, never be afraid to ask for the sales manager and request a new sales person. If asked why you want a new one, simply state........ because I want one.......... any lip, don't be afraid to walk.

Reactions: abt
Back