Does anyone actually get the posted 22/24 mpg?

80% use of Active cruise and traffic jam in mixed conditions and going speed limit +5 ish. 27mpg. Flat roads.

Attachments

• IMG_1501.jpeg
    IMG_1501.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 32
I'm clocking in at 17.2 mpg. 700 miles on ODM, I drive like a grandma, I have only put in premium gas, stock wheels, in ECO mode 100% of the time. What gives???? I should be at minimum getting 22 mpg. I wouldn't really care all that much except the tank is tiny...15 gallons. I only get a range of 280 miles per fill.
I am getting 18.6 with 2780 miles driven.

Mine's a 1958 and today just under 500 miles. I've not gotten better than 18mpg, and I drive pretty slow like an old man! Especially coming to this thing from a ND Miata. My driving is like 100% city though.

We are in the 18-20mpg range, we live in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, so our commute is hilly (not mountainous). When we drove to Nashville recently, we were at 78mph all the way and still were in the same range, even over flat road areas.

I'm clocking in at 17.2 mpg. 700 miles on ODM, I drive like a grandma, I have only put in premium gas, stock wheels, in ECO mode 100% of the time. What gives???? I should be at minimum getting 22 mpg. I wouldn't really care all that much except the tank is tiny...15 gallons. I only get a range of 280 miles per fill.
I have 6000 miles on my 1958. The gas mileage keeps getting better!
Averaging around 24(I do a lot of hwy miles)
Last night I drove 100 miles- mostly hwy and averaged 27 mpg!

Quick anecdotal evidence after 250 miles with a First Edition in the 8000 ish vin number. On the 150 mile drive home from the dealer mixed driving on highway and through town I averaged 19.9 mpg. Today running a few errands around town I'm seeing average trips in the 22mpg range. The trick I'm seeing for better mileage is to not use the adaptive cruise control and low speed follow. The car is more apt to shut off the engine and then you can feather the pedal. Mileage on short trips really jumps up when you let the battery kick in. Running premium gas for now for the first 1000 miles as it breaks in. Then will test 87 and and see if there is any difference.

Wait, to not use it? I haven't used it except on the highway and am struggling to get above 18mpg city only driving. I did a small amount of highway on the weekend and jumped my average for this tank from around 17 to 18.3. It's been steadily droppings since then however (back to city only during the week).

still within the first 1000 miles of getting the car - ~19-21 in pure city driving, 24-27 in mixed city and highway driving. I did a 300-mile trip last weekend and averaged around 26.

Back