Does anyone actually get the posted 22/24 mpg?

I'm at 173.4 miles primarily in-town and driving on the atomic escape 4 lane on the west side of Santa Fe, and averaging 17.2 mpg. I filled it up this morning, it was just over 50% at that time, and after driving probably ~ 17 miles around and home it says I have 279 mile range left. LC came with 18" Michelin total performance with 480 tread wear but B rated traction and temp. This thing has instant acceleration and very tight steering. Was driving down to the southern end of SF this am ~ 35 mph and could really feel the hybrid at work slowing and running quite aways in battery mode, that was pretty cool. I am trying to baby it somewhat to 900-1k mileage level and oil change. Does anyone else notice a smell of burning oil (maybe some kind of coating?) in enclosed garages after driving/parking their LC, it is very noticeable to me, but when I park outside at other areas I don't smell anything?

Since I got the Falken Wildpeak AT4w (OEM size) it went down from 22-23 to 19-20 at best.
1500 miles in.
But I've been driving more and more "spirited" as I get more comfortable with the driving dynamics... ๐Ÿ˜…

I'm clocking in at 17.2 mpg. 700 miles on ODM, I drive like a grandma, I have only put in premium gas, stock wheels, in ECO mode 100% of the time. What gives???? I should be at minimum getting 22 mpg. I wouldn't really care all that much except the tank is tiny...15 gallons. I only get a range of 280 miles per fill.
we broke ours in and initally 1500 miles was heavy on fuel but later part of our road trip we averged betwen 8.5L/100 km or 27.7 mpg (BEST case on FLAT stretch) average went up to 10.5l /100km or 22.4 mpg in BC mountains. We now have 4000km's or approx 2400 miles.

Since I got the Falken Wildpeak AT4w (OEM size) it went down from 22-23 to 19-20 at best.
1500 miles in.
But I've been driving more and more "spirited" as I get more comfortable with the driving dynamics... ๐Ÿ˜…
I put on the wild peaks AT3W and noticed ZERO difference in fuel. specifically picked the older model as it's better in rain and ice.

I have FE with 2300 miles premium gas , falken at4 265/70/18 tires it seems to be 17.4 avg all the the time , if I really baby it and try to use ev mode as much as possible 18.3.
Even with stock Michelins never got over 19

I put on the wild peaks AT3W and noticed ZERO difference in fuel. specifically picked the older model as it's better in rain and ice.
I'm only 300 miles in with the new tires.
including some offroad
Still early to tell.
But overall I'm expecting 1 mpg loss

I have been using the AT3โ€™s for years and was bummed when the AT4 came out, thinking they would disco the 3โ€™s. Buddy, who claims to know, says they are different models and not 4 replacing 3. Hope thatโ€™s the case.

Also, drove from NoVA to ADK today. 8.5 hours, 1 stop for gas. Averaged 29.9 mpg.

IMG_3166.jpeg
IMG_3190.jpeg

My mpg has been at 16.4, hasn't moved from that number in a month and 1300 miles.
That is odd. Something isnโ€™t right. Maybe your dealerโ€™s service department should take a look.

That is odd. Something isnโ€™t right. Maybe your dealerโ€™s service department should take a look.
And make sure you clear average MPG in cluster and all data update in info center as well. You prob have but just saying

Does anyone else notice a smell of burning oil (maybe some kind of coating?) in enclosed garages after driving/parking their LC, it is very noticeable to me, but when I park outside at other areas I don't smell anything?
I noticed a very faint smell of burning oil at first, mainly when I pulled into the garage after a long drive. It went away after a week or so and hasn't been noticed since. I'd completely forgotten about that until you mentioned it.

Miss Daisy routinely gets 22 - 24+, two lane highways, crossing mountains (SE USA), foot hills, and flat land cruising.

(Eco mode, stock Michelins, and driving it like a grandma)

I only use Sam's Club gas of 87 octane
Samโ€™s Club gas is generally not top-tier that I know of. I have avoided their gas because of that. My recommendation would be if youโ€™re not gonna use 91 octane, at least get a top-tier gas.

The manual does mention and recommend top-tier gas. Top-tier gas is a standard with a minimum set of additives and detergents

Just purchase my Cruiser couple days ago and I too am having issues with gas mileage. Maybe 17 now both highway and city. Contacted Toyota thinking I turned off something I shouldnโ€™t have but according to Toyota car needs to learn our habits. Getting 14 around town and this better improve!

I'm clocking in at 17.2 mpg. 700 miles on ODM, I drive like a grandma, I have only put in premium gas, stock wheels, in ECO mode 100% of the time. What gives???? I should be at minimum getting 22 mpg. I wouldn't really care all that much except the tank is tiny...15 gallons. I only get a range of 280 miles per fill.
Yes I have 4100 miles and average 23.6. I did take a few long trips but am pretty impressed with the overall MPG. Also I have the 20" wheels with Dunlop tires. Not sure if that makes a difference.

My LC tells me I am getting 24 to 25 when I park it at work in the morning and 22 - 23 when I get home. My over all is 22ish mpg. Flat Florida roads...
Stock 1958.

I noticed a very faint smell of burning oil at first, mainly when I pulled into the garage after a long drive. It went away after a week or so and hasn't been noticed since. I'd completely forgotten about that until you mentioned it.
How many miles in? My first few drives, this was really bad...

But after a few trips it has stopped, found a few videos online - mechanics say that new engines have newer plastics, all types of human oil, hair, etc... from skin contact that gets burned off - smells in the beginning

How many miles in? My first few drives, this was really bad...
It went away at well under 1,000 miles. It isnt unusual for exhaust manifolds, pipes and other exhaust parts to have some oils on them when they're installed. Once it burns off, the smell goes away.

Back