Dealer List for 2024 Land Cruiser orders?

#2 on the list for the local dealer in town, a mid sized Toyota dealership. When I asked if the price would be MSRP she acted a little miffed and said they never charge more than MSRP. 10 years ago when I was looking for a Tacoma Baja T|X I checked all over the Country and nothing available. Drove to town and there was one sitting on the showroom floor LOL.

2 years ago grouse hunting in the tip of the Mn. Arrowhead on the way back to the cabin in the Polaris a guy flagged me down. Normally don't see anyone else all day and of course no cell phone reception there. He had his Ranger stuck while grouse hunting and asked if I would go in and pull him out, he had walked several miles to get to the main trunk. He kept saying how he knew better, was by himself, no recover gear and went into sketchy ground and sunk to the frame. I told him to stop beating himself up it happens and pulled him out and we shook hands before he left in his buggy.

Last year was filling up at a nearby lodge at the pump on the boat ramp and he comes walking over and was excited to see my friend and I. We got talking and turns out he owns a large Toyota dealership. He owns a FJ (among other vehicles) and my hunting buddy owns a FJ as well. And me a Tacoma. He tells us not to say anything (this was last October) but he filled us in the new Land Cruiser. Said it was going to be more basic and old school then the bloated LC that was discontinued.

So I can contact him and ask to be put on his list as well. It is 3.5 hours away from me however. Not sure it would be proper etiquette to ask him to put me on his list as well. I'm sure eventually what I want will be available locally. And not sold that I really need the First Edition. Heck I normally try to avoid first year vehicles in general. Until now.

#2 on the list for the local dealer in town, a mid sized Toyota dealership. When I asked if the price would be MSRP she acted a little miffed and said they never charge more than MSRP. 10 years ago when I was looking for a Tacoma Baja T|X I checked all over the Country and nothing available. Drove to town and there was one sitting on the showroom floor LOL.

2 years ago grouse hunting in the tip of the Mn. Arrowhead on the way back to the cabin in the Polaris a guy flagged me down. Normally don't see anyone else all day and of course no cell phone reception there. He had his Ranger stuck while grouse hunting and asked if I would go in and pull him out, he had walked several miles to get to the main trunk. He kept saying how he knew better, was by himself, no recover gear and went into sketchy ground and sunk to the frame. I told him to stop beating himself up it happens and pulled him out and we shook hands before he left in his buggy.

Last year was filling up at a nearby lodge at the pump on the boat ramp and he comes walking over and was excited to see my friend and I. We got talking and turns out he owns a large Toyota dealership. He owns a FJ (among other vehicles) and my hunting buddy owns a FJ as well. And me a Tacoma. He tells us not to say anything (this was last October) but he filled us in the new Land Cruiser. Said it was going to be more basic and old school then the bloated LC that was discontinued.

So I can contact him and ask to be put on his list as well. It is 3.5 hours away from me however. Not sure it would be proper etiquette to ask him to put me on his list as well. I'm sure eventually what I want will be available locally. And not sold that I really need the First Edition. Heck I normally try to avoid first year vehicles in general. Until now.

Congratulations on the order! There are still some good dealerships out there not trying to screw their customers over. That's nice to hear! The COVID time period really messed up car buying for a while. Finally getting back to normal. When the Kia Telluride's first came out I thought about getting one. Went to the dealership and they had it marked up 12k over sticker. For a Kia. I won't ever go back to that dealership again.

I "ordered" yesterday and placed a $1K deposit and will be #4 on a list with no markup and no dealer fees. Mid-size dealer about 45 minutes away, but I refuse to ever go back to the dealer closest to me because they were marking up 4runners $5-$15K during the car crunch.

Congrats! It's funny to think these days getting a vehicle at MSRP is actually a "deal".. :ROFLMAO:

I "ordered" yesterday and placed a $1K deposit and will be #4 on a list with no markup and no dealer fees. Mid-size dealer about 45 minutes away, but I refuse to ever go back to the dealer closest to me because they were marking up 4runners $5-$15K during the car crunch.

Welcome to the forum @LCGibb and congrats on the deposit! Did they give you any hints on when the order book might open?

All the vultures came out during that time. Still leaves a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths for sure. Also, welcome to the site!

I became #1 on the allocation list at a dealership here in Columbia, SC yesterday.

I'm a little worried, though, because I noticed nearly every car in the showroom had "market adjustments" of $5,000 or $10,000 on them, which is absurd. I looked up the VINs, and they had all been sitting there for at least 30 days...so what exactly are they "adjusting" the price upwards for?

They also "automatically" put $3500 worth of dealer add-ons on every single car.

I asked if they'd guarantee me MSRP on the Land Cruiser, and they said no, they'd guarantee me "market price" plus their add-ons.

So...long story short, I'll be going to another dealership today to see if they say the same thing. There are four Toyota dealerships within about 30 minutes of me, so surely one of them will be reasonable about this.

I don't intend to wait 8 or 9 months only to have them try to charge me $80k for a $60k vehicle. Pretty frustrating.

I became #1 on the allocation list at a dealership here in Columbia, SC yesterday.

I'm a little worried, though, because I noticed nearly every car in the showroom had "market adjustments" of $5,000 or $10,000 on them, which is absurd. I looked up the VINs, and they had all been sitting there for at least 30 days...so what exactly are they "adjusting" the price upwards for?

They also "automatically" put $3500 worth of dealer add-ons on every single car.

I asked if they'd guarantee me MSRP on the Land Cruiser, and they said no, they'd guarantee me "market price" plus their add-ons.

So...long story short, I'll be going to another dealership today to see if they say the same thing. There are four Toyota dealerships within about 30 minutes of me, so surely one of them will be reasonable about this.

I don't intend to wait 8 or 9 months only to have them try to charge me $80k for a $60k vehicle. Pretty frustrating.

I have friends in the auto industry and they say sales are finally starting to slow down and dealer lots slowly filling up with vehicles. I don't think dealerships will be able to sell vehicles over MSRP for much longer. Dealerships will have to actually "compete" for your business soon.

Last edited:
I have friends in the auto industry and they say sales are finally starting to slow down and dealer lots slowly filling up with vehicles. I don't think dealerships will be able to sell vehicles over MSRP for much longer. Dealerships will have to actually "compete" for your business soon.
This is definitely happening already. I am a fan of CarEdge on YouTube, and they've been preaching it for months.

It's already happening at Stellantis dealerships (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram). I drove a Grand Cherokee back on July 2nd or 3rd, and dealerships have been contacting me with lower and lower prices ever since. They're almost negotiating against themselves at this point because the Grand Cherokees are so overpriced from the manufacturer that it puts the dealerships in a terrible spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is definitely happening already. I am a fan of CarEdge on YouTube, and they've been preaching it for months.

It's already happening at Stellantis dealerships (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram). I drove a Grand Cherokee back on July 2nd or 3rd, and dealerships have been contacting me with lower and lower prices ever since. They're almost negotiating against themselves at this point because the Grand Cherokees are so overpriced from the manufacturer that it puts the dealerships in a terrible spot.

I figured this would happen. I was looking at prices for used stuff on bringatrailer for a long time and things were getting bonkers!

What goes up, must come down... well, I guess maybe not if you keep printing trillions of dollars every year and handing it out like hot cakes.

Reactions: MJE
Man, it's hard to find quality dealerships around here. Everyone is looking to make a quick buck and not earn a customer for life. I'm glad to hear there are still some honest, good dealerships around!
I am on the list after paying $500 deposit. We drove a Land Cruiser for 15 years and loved it. The kids grew up in it and learned to drive with it. I am interested in either the First Edition or the Land Cruiser edition. Hoping to have one by this time next year. I doubt it will be much sooner than that. The only way it will change is if Toyota decides to make tons more Land Cruisers than they did in the past. And, maybe they will since they are holding off on the 4Runner upgrade for 2024. That should be an awesome truck as well. It is supposed to have the same engine as the new Land Cruiser. I have driven every kind of vehicle in my 66 years. Japanese, Korean, Italian, German, Swedish, and nothing beat the Land Cruiser. I canโ€™t wait!!!

I am on the list after paying $500 deposit. We drove a Land Cruiser for 15 years and loved it. The kids grew up in it and learned to drive with it. I am interested in either the First Edition or the Land Cruiser edition. Hoping to have one by this time next year. I doubt it will be much sooner than that. The only way it will change is if Toyota decides to make tons more Land Cruisers than they did in the past. And, maybe they will since they are holding off on the 4Runner upgrade for 2024. That should be an awesome truck as well. It is supposed to have the same engine as the new Land Cruiser. I have driven every kind of vehicle in my 66 years. Japanese, Korean, Italian, German, Swedish, and nothing beat the Land Cruiser. I canโ€™t wait!!!
Curious if youโ€™ve driven a defender and your thoughts on how that compares?

Curious if youโ€™ve driven a defender and your thoughts on how that compares?
We considered the Defender 110. I like how they look but my wife thinks they look like a Tonka Truck. And, I decided they have too much wealth status attached to them. I prefer to be a bit more stealth. That is why I have a Genesis GV80. My brother drove Range Rovers for many years. He says to always get the extended warrenty. Our Land Cruiser gave us 15 years of service with almost zero repair issues.

Called 2 large Maryland Toyota dealers (Koons & Jerryโ€™s) neither know what their allocated numbers of LCs will be. Neither will take a deposit yet nor are they creating a list for holds yet.
Was told by both to expect a โ€œmarket correctionโ€ when the LCs hit the lot (ala expect to pay well over MSRP). They said these are specialty vehicles (like TRD Pros) and will definitely go for well above MSRP.
Jerryโ€™s said to call back in 60 days and at that point they should know what the allocations and mark up will be and I could reserve my LC based on an agreed markup. Right of first refusal so to speak.
Koons didnโ€™t want to entertain any holds, they want the highest bidder.

Called 2 large Maryland Toyota dealers (Koons & Jerryโ€™s) neither know what their allocated numbers of LCs will be. Neither will take a deposit yet nor are they creating a list for holds yet.
Was told by both to expect a โ€œmarket correctionโ€ when the LCs hit the lot (ala expect to pay well over MSRP). They said these are specialty vehicles (like TRD Pros) and will definitely go for well above MSRP.
Jerryโ€™s said to call back in 60 days and at that point they should know what the allocations and mark up will be and I could reserve my LC based on an agreed markup. Right of first refusal so to speak.
Koons didnโ€™t want to entertain any holds, they want the highest bidder.
Hmm working with those dealerships sounds less than ideal. Hopefully, you can find a dealer that's willing to put your name on a list and call you as soon as they have more information about ordering.

Hmm working with those dealerships sounds less than ideal. Hopefully, you can find a dealer that's willing to put your name on a list and call you as soon as they have more information about ordering.
Thanks, me too. Iโ€™ll keep at it, Iโ€™m sure there will a dealer in MD we can work with. Iโ€™ll update the group at that point.

I imagine the 'demand' for these cars are higher in snowy/4 seasons regions, which means possible ADM's? In AZ, I spoke to a dealer this weekend, and I was told no ADM. But have to pay for tint, which I'm ok with because you would definitely need window tint here. And the amount was fair.

I imagine the 'demand' for these cars are higher in snowy/4 seasons regions, which means possible ADM's? In AZ, I spoke to a dealer this weekend, and I was told no ADM. But have to pay for tint, which I'm ok with because you would definitely need window tint here. And the amount was fair.
Welcome to the site @flat6 ๐Ÿ‘‹

That's one of my old car-buying tricks, I look to high-volume markets where 4wd isn't as desirable to find better deals and just pay to have the vehicle shipped to me, or I make a fun road trip out of it. Las Vegas, NV dealerships, as an example, have been a great area to shop.

Back