Camera turns on every time I stop

Gonzvales

📛 Founding Member
Jul 12, 2024
Houston, texas
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Landcruiser
Not sure which of the 300 buttons or settings I changed but EVERY time my car comes to a stop at a light/stop sign, whatever’s on my screen disappears and the cameras turn on (top and front view). There’s adjustment settings to change view, etc.. but can’t figure out how to stop this from happening EVERY time I stop the vehicle….

Interesting. My buddy has an RX 350 that does that as well, He says it just started doing that recently. My LC did that at first but doesn't any more.

I'd like to see how to toggle that feature on and off. I can see where it might come in handy in some circumstances, like navigating tight parking lots and garages.

Not sure which of the 300 buttons or settings I changed but EVERY time my car comes to a stop at a light/stop sign, whatever’s on my screen disappears and the cameras turn on (top and front view). There’s adjustment settings to change view, etc.. but can’t figure out how to stop this from happening EVERY time I stop the vehicle….
Press the camera switch once to all the cameras on and I think it’ll stop doing this.

Attachments

• 1724414950953.png
    1724414950953.png
    397.7 KB · Views: 78
There's a setting on the camera screen for turning to see the curb. Try that.

I think there is some utility in it turning on to not curb the tires in tight areas. But it turn off too soon. Unless you are city driving I can see the on/off being annoying.

When you are stopped, and that screen comes up, there is a button on the left side of the screen with an A and some picture of a camera imposed. Press that and it will stop. Its the 'automatic camera' button.
^ This is the answer ^

What's funny is I had wanted to enable this kind of feature, but couldn't figure it out. Then one day i guess i accidentally hit the auto A button, and then it started doing it, and it was actually pretty irritating for normal driving, because i slow down below 7mpg more often than just when I'm parking (when it is useful, aside from offroad purposes)... so then i couldn't figure out how to turn it off for a little while until i saw the auto A button while in camera mode,

Pro tip - The auto A button is only available when you have the camera on and moving forward. The backup camera does not show the same interface.

When you are stopped, and that screen comes up, there is a button on the left side of the screen with an A and some picture of a camera imposed. Press that and it will stop. Its the 'automatic camera' button.
I'm glad you posted this. After a little trial and error, I found the steps to turn this feature on and off.

1. Start the car
2. Put the shifter in "D" (the icon doesn't appear unless you're in Drive)
3. Hit the "View" button
4. Activate the icon that looks like a coffee cup with an A superimposed on it.

Et voila, you're camera will come on below 7 mph. To turn off this feature, just follow the same steps and hit the coffee cup icon again.

Is there a way to enable it to stay on at any speed? I would like to do that but have my rear camera on.
The digital rear-view mirror makes a car look like they're about to hit your bumper when stopped. I have to use it driving because I put limo tint on the back window and I'm barely barely able to see anything during the day with the regular mirror setting.
At the very least I would like to disable the 7 MPH factor.
One of the very few things I loved about my 23 Colorado was you could turn it on for 10 seconds at a time and it was a much better 360 camera view than what Toyota's is but I wouldn't trade this LC for anything in the world right now.

Back