PCS default off

Hump77

📛 Founding Member
May 2, 2024
Media
Virginia
Vehicles
2024 Land Cuiser First Edition
Hey all. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting the PCS to stay off by default? It’s annoying to have to turn it off every time you turn the car on. Not sure why Toyota wont let that one stay off like a lot of the other Saftey Sense stuff.

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting the PCS to stay off by default? It’s annoying to have to turn it off every time you turn the car on. Not sure why Toyota wont let that one stay off like a lot of the other Saftey Sense stuff.
Totally agree. It’s maddening. I live in Colorado and most mountain driving requires engine braking to preserve the brakes. The PCS inherently overreacts if there’s ANY traffic around, and stars actuating the brakes! Also, on winding, tight corner roads, the sonar sees the outside guardrails, or trees, or signs, or oncoming vehicles and slams on the system! It’s seriously annoying!

I set mine on the lowest setting and it seems to help.......
On FB, a group member offered this advice, and for me, I think it is a better solution.

If you go into the PDA (proactive driving assist) menu in the dash, and turn off DA (Deceleration assist), It'll stop automatically slowing you down when there's traffic ahead.

The behavior you're describing is not the PCS! When the PCS engages, it'll show alerts on the dash and scream at you, Deceleration assist is the annoying silent partner that works kind of similar but doesn't make any noise or alerts. So duimb that it comes enabled by default

On FB, a group member offered this advice, and for me, I think it is a better solution.

If you go into the PDA (proactive driving assist) menu in the dash, and turn off DA (Deceleration assist), It'll stop automatically slowing you down when there's traffic ahead.

The behavior you're describing is not the PCS! When the PCS engages, it'll show alerts on the dash and scream at you, Deceleration assist is the annoying silent partner that works kind of similar but doesn't make any noise or alerts. So duimb that it comes enabled by default
One of the first things I turned off. Hated that engine braking feeling in traffic.

I didn't want to turn it off, as I like the feature, but I didn't like it slowing down 100 yards (made up number) from someone in front of me. So I set it's sensitivity to "low" setting and I behaves exactly how I like.

I didn't want to turn it off, as I like the feature, but I didn't like it slowing down 100 yards (made up number) from someone in front of me. So I set it's sensitivity to "low" setting and I behaves exactly how I like.
I just turned it off w/o experimenting w sensitivity settings. Once you’ve toned down the deceleration, why do you like the feature? ie, what proactive aspects are worthwhile? I’m not being argumentative. Just trying to decide if it’s worth revisiting the use of PDA - albeit w adjustments

While in traffic and using adaptive cruise and you're not paying as close attention as you should, it gently slows down and gets your attention and with a push of the cancel button, you take back control of the braking.

Back