Black Leather Quality? 200 miles and

LCFan

📛 Founding Member
May 30, 2024
Media
Seattle, WA
Vehicles
05 4Runner Limited
Iv owned my LC with premium package for 3 days/212 miles and already noticing signs of wear/color fade in the leather wrapping the center console. Iv owned other vehicles with leather and they have never shown this type of wear within 50k miles let alone less than 1000. Anyone else having this problem? Am I being overly anal?
IMG_5045.jpeg

Judging from the pic, what you're seeing isn't wear but rather contamination. It's in the grain. Leather cleaner and gentle agitation with a soft brush should lift it out.

Biggest problem I have with the black upholstery in my car, especially this time of year, is sunscreen rubbing off. It produces exactly this appearance.

Judging from the pic, what you're seeing isn't wear but rather contamination. It's in the grain. Leather cleaner and gentle agitation with a soft brush should lift it out.
Yeah wear would smooth out the leather or start delaminating the top layer.

This is sunscreen or dead skin rubbing off on it, just gotta keep it clean haha

Iv owned my LC with premium package for 3 days/212 miles and already noticing signs of wear/color fade in the leather wrapping the center console. Iv owned other vehicles with leather and they have never shown this type of wear within 50k miles let alone less than 1000. Anyone else having this problem? Am I being overly anal? View attachment 4792
It’s called dirt man! Get some Lexol leather cleaner at autozone and clean it.

Iv owned my LC with premium package for 3 days/212 miles and already noticing signs of wear/color fade in the leather wrapping the center console. Iv owned other vehicles with leather and they have never shown this type of wear within 50k miles let alone less than 1000. Anyone else having this problem? Am I being overly anal? View attachment 4792
Here it is. While your at it pick up some Mequiars mirror glaze #7 for paint.

Attachments

• IMG_0550.jpeg
    IMG_0550.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 53
Won’t this color the white stitching black? I’d use this product after 20 years 200K miles not on new.
I guess if you rub it into the stitching, I'm a lot more careful when applying any treatment ........ and never had an issue.

Thanks for the suggestion all! No this is not sun screen or dead skin cells lol. I tried to clean with leather conditioner that I have used successfully on furniture and the discoloration is still there. Going to take it to the local dealer for a peek but doubt they will be much help.

Biggest problem I have with the black upholstery in my car, especially this time of year, is sunscreen rubbing off. It produces exactly this appearance.
I swear by the Sprints car seat towel. Fun designs and protects from sweat, sunscreen, wet bathing suits, etc.

If it is really wear, it should be covered by the warranty.

Back