Are Port Installed Options Optional?

Smyph

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
May 2, 2024
Colorado
Got a chance for almost exactly the model and spec I want, but it has a roof rack. I really don't want it. Are port-side options ever negotiable?

I didn't have any luck trying to remove port-side options from a GX order.

My dealer said that this is not possible to change out the 20" wheels for the 18" wheels even before port delivery. I wonder if it's more of an availability issue for those as I haven't seen a single LC trim coming with 18's yet.

My dealer said none of the port installed options can be removed.

Itโ€™s unfortunate as other brands like BMW do allow you to add/remove port installed options up until it goes through processing.

Ok....so yes they are removable within a reasonable time frame. If your car is less then a week from being loaded onto a truck then it is hard if not impossible to make changes at port. If a dealership says they can not remove anything then either they are unaware you can (doubtful), unwilling to for profit related reasons or you are past the deadline to make changes to the car. Factory installed options are never changeable.

My dealer said none of the port installed options can be removed.

Itโ€™s unfortunate as other brands like BMW do allow you to add/remove port installed options up until it goes through processing.
Your dealer is full of crap. I had PIO modified at lexus and Toyota. He is either uninformed, lazy, or a butt head.

Your dealer is full of crap. I had PIO modified at lexus and Toyota. He is either uninformed, lazy, or a butt head.
How recent was this? I wasnโ€™t able to find anyone who was successful in making changes in the last few years via a Google search, so not sure if this was maybe a recent change.

It could totally be they are misinformed or just lazy too.

Following... My Land Cruiser is in build phase and I would love to remove the Connected Services for $485 which is listed as a port installed accessory.

How recent was this? I wasnโ€™t able to find anyone who was successful in making changes in the last few years via a Google search, so not sure if this was maybe a recent change.

It could totally be they are misinformed or just lazy too.
I bought my Lexus about 2 1/2 years ago and they adjusted the POIs for me.

When my Stealership got their first allocation for a first edition. I was first in line and they called me. I told them that I didnโ€™t want a lot of those POIs they added, and he went in and drop them off. The sales manager told me that he would submit the request and they might or might not accept it. The next day he told me they excepted it.

Following... My Land Cruiser is in build phase and I would love to remove the Connected Services for $485 which is listed as a port installed accessory.
That is one of the items that I had them drop off mine. Also the illuminated footsills, and that charging cable package. he also dropped off the trailer hitch and ball since I already had one. I save about $1000 with what I had dropped off.

I bought my Lexus about 2 1/2 years ago and they adjusted the POIs for me.

When my Stealership got their first allocation for a first edition. I was first in line and they called me. I told them that I didnโ€™t want a lot of those POIs they added, and he went in and drop them off. The sales manager told me that he would submit the request and they might or might not accept it. The next day he told me they excepted it.
Nice! Thatโ€™s good to know.

The FE I have coming doesnโ€™t have any POI (other than floor mats) but I was sort of trying to switch to an LC trim which had the roof rack and other things which I didnโ€™t want.

I went ahead and asked my dealer to remove Connected Services from my build (I am in build phase and it has not shipped yet). The dealer said they tried to remove it and were unsuccessful. Could be BS of course.

My understanding is that some regions are "forcing" the LC grade with the Premium Package to also get the optional 20" wheels. My dealer was able to trade (before the vehicles arrived at port) and get me an LC grade with Premium Package at 18" wheels. Now I'm just waiting for the vehicle to be released from port (Portland).

My understanding is that some regions are "forcing" the LC grade with the Premium Package to also get the optional 20" wheels. My dealer was able to trade (before the vehicles arrived at port) and get me an LC grade with Premium Package at 18" wheels. Now I'm just waiting for the vehicle to be released from port (Portland).
The wheels are an option and cannot be changed. Most of the other stuff is port installed options. Itโ€™s kind of misnamed because they are actually accessories. All the accessories can be modified.

The wheels are an option and cannot be changed. Most of the other stuff is port installed options. Itโ€™s kind of misnamed because they are actually accessories. All the accessories can be modified.
I understand that. I'm just giving info because people have mentioned that many/most of the LC grade vehicles being built have the optional 20" wheels.

I understand that. I'm just giving info because people have mentioned that many/most of the LC grade vehicles being built have the optional 20" wheels.
Understood. I was just putting that out there for everyone because by reading some of these posts about POIs and options. A lot of people donโ€™t understand what can be changed and what canโ€™t.

Understood. I was just putting that out there for everyone because by reading some of these posts about POIs and options. A lot of people donโ€™t understand what can be changed and what canโ€™t.
Copy. Overall (especially with the early vehicles arriving), I think dealers don't want to mess with changing any of the POIs (as they'll quickly sell what vehicles arrive...and make more money with more POIs). Personally, I don't want any POIs (I'll get anything I want via the dealer parts department or online). My last three (3) Toyota models came with limited POIs. My LC grade Land Cruiser is coming with all-weather cargo liner (which is fine) and roof rack cross bars (which I won't use...and I'm happy to sell).

Was offered a LC Premium trim today with $2,400 worth of port add ons. Communicated with the dealer, they were able to go in and remove about $700 worth of them. Was told the rest was too far in the process so can't be removed.

Back