Anyone purchasing below MSRP?

I put a downpayment on mine on 5/27... YET>>>> Still waiting for my LC... Anyway... to your question.

Before this time above... Here in the Phoenix Az area... There was a $10,000 Dealership adjustment for any Landcruiser period.... but in Scottsdale it was higher at $15,000... So I went about a 1.5 hrs drive north to get MSRP... So WhooHoo... I'm going to save 15 to 10 thousand in dealership mark up..... NOT SO FAST!!!

The longer I wait... the faster the Adjustments drops here in Phoenix! Meaning... Now...the Dealership mark up for Phoenix is now at $5000.00... and no longer at $10,000. FYI... Not sure if Scottsdale is different?

So the longer I have to wait on delays... the less Money I save by buying 1.5hrs away...

Who knows if in 2 to 3 weeks when my LC is predicted to actually arrive... Every one will be offering MSRP... and I would have waisted a 3hr round trip home???
Reply to my own post.... WTF!!!

My LC has sat in port for over 2 months after my down payment... Arrived in Phoenix via rail on 7/17/24... It's a F'ing (Freaking) 90min drive to the dealer from this rail yard.

Yet... I'm told thay are waiting on a truck to make a delivery... So... Looks like it may be next week... Now

I work for a living... can't just leave town willy nilly to pick it up!

Then add... I need my wife to be there too!! (also from work)

Why? because we put our vehicles in each others name.... So when the photo radar takes your picture.... Well... That's not me!

Never have paid a ticket for photo radar.... ever!

I got my vehicle at Toyota Merced (California) 1.5 hours from my house. The exact vehicle I wanted (An LC - LC in Heritage Blue) popped up as allocated to their dealership in March and I zipped out there within 12 hours of it doing so. I locked in $9K over MSRP as that wasn't as bad as other dealerships at the time and I paid a $5K refundable deposit. I had been to a bunch of other dealers before going there and other dealers kept calling me so I was definitely shopping around hoping to get a better deal. Then out of the blue Merced dropped their markup down to $2K over MSRP on all LC's. The vehicle sat at the port 20 mins from my house from 4/29/24 until it arrived at the dealership on 7/19/24. The dealership didn't try and upsell me on anything at all when I picked up and I didn't try to bargain as I felt the price was a very reasonable one and because they lowered their price because many others were way over the top. They were very easy to work with and hassle free. I think we were in and out of there in 90 minutes too.

I will say I found a Heritage Blue FE near me for $5K over MSRP but the guy wouldn't budge. I told him if he went down to $2K over MSRP I'd take it then and there but he said "we don't have to. We've sold every single one we received at $5K over MSRP within a few days of them arriving here". There were a few Toyota dealers near me who only sell at $0 over MSRP but I was too far down on a few of the waitlists or they simply never had an LC available for me when I called.

Here in the boston area are some MSRP dealers and some that charge 5k markup. However, I had a Traildust LC with premium package and steps and 20" wheels that I could buy instantly for a 5k markup (71k MSRP, 76k with Markup). I didn't want to do that as I had to pay the 5k markup plus replacing the steps with rock rails and the 20" wheels with 18". The dealer immediately reduced the markup by 2k. I still didn't buy the LC and they called me twice offering to reduce the price further. I ended up not taking the LC but I'm certain I could have gotten it with a markup of 1k or less. From my side I couldn't justify the deal as I would pay MSRP for the car I want plus 900$ for steps and 1250k for wheel that I don't want. Then I have to pay 990$ for the rock rails and 2.5k for 18" wheels plus tires. So I decided to wait for a model to show up that fits more to what I want. For somebody who wants the premium and 20" wheels and the steps this is a great deal as you basically can get it for close to MSRP and there was no other BS like cables or overpriced wheel locks or such added. The dealer told me that have several other LC's coming in and they contact me if they have something that fits better to my criteria. So yes, the situation gets better. Also, I loved the trail dust color. It looks unbelievably good in real life. Pictures don't do it justice.

I paid $2k under MRSP last week on a non-premium Land Cruiser trim.

I had been on the waitlist since last July at my local dealer and have been waiting for a non-20” wheel mid trim (which seems to be nonexistent here in the Midwest). Dealer offered to discount my black LC for me if I bought before end of the month. Still not the biggest fan of the 20” wheels— but love the Land Cruiser.

My MS
I have a deposit in for a FE at a local dealership w no markups, w a 56 day quality control hold which was notified as of 5/17. (Ouch). I saw an article that said some dealerships are selling 2024 LC’s below MSRP up to 5k below. Anyone encounter this? And any for FE’s? If so, were they only applicable to unclaimed LC’s on dealership lots or for previous held deposits?

Also, anyone have any luck negotiating anything when you came in to pick your LC up? Thanks!
My MSRP
I have a deposit in for a FE at a local dealership w no markups, w a 56 day quality control hold which was notified as of 5/17. (Ouch). I saw an article that said some dealerships are selling 2024 LC’s below MSRP up to 5k below. Anyone encounter this? And any for FE’s? If so, were they only applicable to unclaimed LC’s on dealership lots or for previous held deposits?

Also, anyone have any luck negotiating anything when you came in to pick your LC up? Thanks!

Also, anyone have any luck negotiating anything when you came in to pick your LC up? Thanks!!
My LC MSRP was 67,710 (70,705 with dealer add-ons). I was out the door for 66,400, including taxes, registration and plate, and 10 yr extended warranty.

I paid $2k under MRSP last week on a non-premium Land Cruiser trim.

I had been on the waitlist since last July at my local dealer and have been waiting for a non-20” wheel mid trim (which seems to be nonexistent here in the Midwest). Dealer offered to discount my black LC for me if I bought before end of the month. Still not the biggest fan of the 20” wheels— but love the Land Cruiser.
Good for me. Glad to hear they are under msrp now.

Got my LC edition below MSRP. I found it with the smart search Toyota inventory website. Filtered down to what I wanted and sorted by price. Found multiple and started calling. Deals are out there! There’s no reason to pay over.

Glad to hear! I do see one under msrp now in my area. One dealer that originally asked for $5k over reduced their price to $2k over and now offering msrp, in a matter of 3 days.

Also, anyone have any luck negotiating anything when you came in to pick your LC up? Thanks!!

The ‘deal’ is never a ‘deal’ until there is ink involved, but I get your point. The point of my question wasn’t in regards to agreeing on a price and then coming in and negotiating down from that. Thats not my situation.

Negotiating also includes options/ accessories etc. For example, I asked for a list of options and basically will get what I get, and was told any options I wish to add after it leaves port I pay dealership labor for install. Its been almost two decades since Ive bought a new car.
It is poor form to try to further negotiate a deal at the closing table once the parties reached agreement that got them to that table. Not that it doesn’t happen.

But to your point, if the dealer added port accessories to the delivery that you didn’t know about before that meeting, those are negotiable.

I’m keeping my eye on a couple in-stock units that have shown up at Denver dealers. A few said “sale pending” from before they arrived, others appear to be available.

I wonder a bit if the 4Runner release announcement hasn’t frozen a few buyers who are waiting for that vehicle to decide which one they want.

By contrast, I dropped a deposit on a GX in January and don’t have an allocation number yet, or does the Lexus dealer have any units in stock for test drives or even to sit in.

It is poor form to try to further negotiate a deal at the closing table once the parties reached agreement that got them to that table. Not that it doesn’t happen.

But to your point, if the dealer added port accessories to the delivery that you didn’t know about before that meeting, those are negotiable.

Theres a big difference negotiating on a deal where you get your name in the hat for a FE via a deposit (w multiple dealerships might I add), with no contract signed and nothing agreed upon vs a signed contract for a car. Theres no poor form in negotiating ‘add-ons’ or accessories here imo.

Theres a big difference negotiating on a deal where you get your name in the hat for a FE via a deposit (w multiple dealerships might I add), with no contract signed and nothing agreed upon vs a signed contract for a car. Theres no poor form in negotiating ‘add-ons’ or accessories here imo.
I would never advise someone to place a deposit on anything without a price agreement in place behind it. Seems like the seller has all the leverage in that situation.

But in the event you do, I agree the price would be negotiable at the table because, by definition, you would not be reneging on a previous agreement that doesn’t exist.

Just put down a deposit on a blue/grey LC trim with premium package under MSRP. Phillips Toyota, Leesburg Fl. Abner Velez was the salesperson. Truly great to work with . No hassles.

Back