Another Electronics Issue - This Time My Navigation Screen Goes Blank - Totally Gone & Eventually Returns. This Happened Twice This Saturday.

springer

📛 Founding Member
Aug 29, 2024
Texas
Vehicles
Land Cruiser, 2024, GT500, Harley Springer
All Right - these electronics issues are starting to get me a little irritated with my new, loaded-up Land Cruiser with the Premium Package, Leather, 20" Wheels etc. It currently has about 1,400 miles.

First I had the stereo issue - which I still have which I reported here in this sub forum a couple weeks ago. The sound - whether playing, Sirius,/XM , FM or AM just quits. No sound at all. I brought the LC to the dealer to look at and was told that, according to my dealer, Toyota is aware of this issue. It has yet to be resolved or repaired and I am still waiting to hear back from the dealer in Lewisville, Texas.

The latest bit of aggravation for me with the electronics happened Saturday when my navigation screen just disappeared from the screen. I couldn't get it to come back on until later, after I had parked the LC for about an hour and, after starting it up, the navigation screen was back.

Then, while driving home, it happened again. This time the screen started to disappear from the top on down until it was fully gone except for a small arrow in the middle of the screen. After about a minute, this arrow disappeared also. Then about 10 minutes later, while still driving home, the screen popped back on and remained on until arriving home. Go figure!!!!

On Monday, I'll be taking it in to the Toyota dealership again.

Randomly, mine goes blank when I start it up. I just have to tap the screen to undo it. It does not do it every time. Glad I don't have the issue you have. I think I'm may have remembered that being an issue on the Tacoma 4G site but I can't quite remember. They do share a lot of the same features.

Thanks for the info Nick.

My navigation screen goes out while driving - and at no particular time - both times it occurred after I was driving for approximately 30 minutes. It is annoying, very annoying. Especially with the other issue that I wrote about in my first post.

Back