Integrated dash cam

bobLC

📛 Founding Member
Sep 22, 2024
Media
california
Vehicles
LC-LC
Question about how to use this. How does it decide what to record? What’s the microphone button do? Cheers.
IMG_6466.jpeg

My understanding is when you turn on your engine it’ll start to record. The microphone allows you to record sounds inside the car.

I don't think mine was recording automatically at startup because the green light was not on, but there was a place in the settings in the app to set that to come on automatically at startup.
It powers off when you power off the vehicle. I think it might record if somebody hits your vehicle while it's parked. I'm not certain on that. Can anyone verify that?

Yeah, I'm either gonna take mine off or move it to the other side. I did like the post about it here but I have to think about it because I do have my own dash cams front and back.
It would be nice if you come out at sideways up high but rotate the image that it records.
I have no problem connecting with it, I just can never see the videos in the app. Taking the SD card inside onto my MacBook Air viewing the pictures is pretty simple though.

There is an app and there is also a manual. The Manuel’s been posted on this site. A quick search may find it, if not, it can be downloaded from the Toyota website.

I don't think mine was recording automatically at startup because the green light was not on, but there was a place in the settings in the app to set that to come on automatically at startup.
It powers off when you power off the vehicle. I think it might record if somebody hits your vehicle while it's parked. I'm not certain on that. Can anyone verify that?

Yeah, I'm either gonna take mine off or move it to the other side. I did like the post about it here but I have to think about it because I do have my own dash cams front and back.
It would be nice if you come out at sideways up high but rotate the image that it records.
I have no problem connecting with it, I just can never see the videos in the app. Taking the SD card inside onto my MacBook Air viewing the pictures is pretty simple though.
Unfortunately for me I bought the oem dash cam prior to joining this forum otherwise I would’ve gone w an off market. Fortunate for me, I had them install it on the passenger side. It doesn’t obstruct my view (see photo). The inconvenience comes with reaching over and pressing the buttons. But this isn’t frequesnt since it’ll automatically start recording when the engine turns on. The annoying thing is not being able to live play on the app since you can’t have icarplay and dash cam apps connected at the same time.
the view of the dash cam on the passenger side is still good (see below).

Attachments

• IMG_6564.jpeg
    IMG_6564.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6565.png
    IMG_6565.png
    666 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6566.jpeg
    IMG_6566.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back