Accurate ETAโ€™s?

Portland is at a stand still because of the rail cars that leave and head to KC. Everything west of Chicago comes through Portland. My FE has been there almost 30 days. I was told that even '24 4Runners that were slated for June will be August/September now.

Just got an update from the dealer. My LC is allocated, but not being delivered until mid-July. UGH. At least I know its coming, but that takes half the summer out of the works.

Yeah it must be smart path, itโ€™s just the inventory page on Toyota website after you build a model.

I put in the filters for my car and it comes up pretty easily.

Just Toyota Smartpath? The dealer I am using doesn't have inventory exposed on Smartpath so you can't see anything
Just Toyota Smartpath? The dealer I am using doesn't have inventory exposed on Smartpath so you can't see anything.

Mine just updated within the last hour from "Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 5/19/24-6/3/24." to, "Vehicle may be in transit. Contact dealer to confirm availability date."

Mine just updated within the last hour from "Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 5/19/24-6/3/24." to, "Vehicle may be in transit. Contact dealer to confirm availability date."
If you are looking at the Toyota "search inventory" ....... might want to contact your salesman for an accurate status. Mine is still listed as "may be in transit" on the Toyota site, but my salesman just confirmed it's on a "QC hold" with no delivery date at this time.

If you are looking at the Toyota "search inventory" ....... might want to contact your salesman for an accurate status. Mine is still listed as "may be in transit" on the Toyota site, but my salesman just confirmed it's on a "QC hold" with no delivery date at this time.
So mine isnโ€™t the only one on QC hold. Curious to see how many others.

I have read that sometimes they will find something wrong and instead of doing a recall, they place all of them in transit on QC.

So mine isnโ€™t the only one on QC hold. Curious to see how many others.

I have read that sometimes they will find something wrong and instead of doing a recall, they place all of them in transit on QC.
Just this afternoon, my salesperson, in TN, said they just heard about the QC hold, about the same time as all of us. Her quote โ€œThat actually happened just a couple hours ago. No worries. It's the first year for it to come back out. The hold is usually a week or two sometimes longer depending. โ€œ

Yeah my dealership confirmed it was pulled for QC.

Last edited:
I would much rather they be honest and up front about it and give specific reasons as to why the QC hold, but I know if it was due to software glitches or safety recalls etc..... and people knew, some would opt out.

I canโ€™t tell whatโ€™s worse, watching you guys wait in anticipation and agony โ€ฆor not even having one locked down despite โ€˜23 deposit and waitlisted - at this point both seem equally miserable
I'm with you. I literally got the ball rolling with my dealer to start a wait list - I'm #1. Paid a deposit early September. I know absolutely zero at this point other than having placed my order for colour and trim preference back in December. There have been no updates since then, and every time I email my dealer his response is, "We'll certainly keep you in the loop when we know something." :rolleyes:

I'm with you. I literally got the ball rolling with my dealer to start a wait list - I'm #1. Paid a deposit early September. I know absolutely zero at this point other than having placed my order for colour and trim preference back in December. There have been no updates since then, and every time I email my dealer his response is, "We'll certainly keep you in the loop when we know something." :rolleyes:
Yes, that is exactly what my dealer says. Almost verbatim. Only recently did I get upgraded to -you will be my first phone call-

I sent an email yesterday. Told him Iโ€™m hearing of buyers receiving orders and others all over the place whoโ€™ve received ETAโ€™s even VIN numbers. So Iโ€™ve asked him to confirm whether theyโ€™ve at least gotten confirmation of my order and/or allocation updates from Toyota. Iโ€™ve not been hounding him - last communication was back first week of April, so I think itโ€™s fair to ask for some sort of concrete update at this point.

โ€œAm I getting one, or what??โ€ Just SOMETHING!

I don't know if this means a hill of beans regarding the QC hold, but yesterday at the Toyota dealer I noticed the front lug nuts on a LC had, what appeared, to be initials painted on them. Like they were retorqued and signed off? It was only the front wheels. The rear wheel lugs were not initialed. Every nut on the front wheels were marked.

I don't know if this means a hill of beans regarding the QC hold, but yesterday at the Toyota dealer I noticed the front lug nuts on a LC had, what appeared, to be initials painted on them. Like they were retorqued and signed off? It was only the front wheels. The rear wheel lugs were not initialed. Every nut on the front wheels were marked.
๐Ÿ˜ณ

Iโ€™m not very car savvyโ€ฆ if this is the issue, does it seem like a hard one to fix or just a dangerous potential issue? Seems kind of easy to me, again Iโ€™m not super car savvy so forgive if this is a dumb question

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but dealers are telling customers they estimate a 30 day delay for the QC. Hopefully not any longer and crossing fingers for shorter.

My salesman told me the QC hold was due to a shortage of roof racks.

That's not accurate. My LC trim with no roof rack is on hold, as are many others. The QC Hold thread seems to have the most likely answer which is an issue with Traction Control.

Back