Accurate ETA’s?

My salesman told me the QC hold was due to a shortage of roof racks.
I think they’re all just making it up as they go. Lexus just put the GX into the same hold - and I heard the 4Rs are also being held. My guess is a software issue for the VSC as I got the following notice when I checked my VIN in the app. My FE has been sitting at port for a month waiting to process - so hopefully a quick software update and green light.

Attachments

• IMG_7770.png
    IMG_7770.png
    137 KB · Views: 76
I’d like to know what he’s smoking. Vehicles that have left the port are on QC hold so that rules out roof racks. Also hearing that the Lexus GX 550 is on QC hold, so that rules out engines and VINs from all three plants are affected so that rules out workmanship. Maybe a software glitch or airbags, who knows.

I think he's just feeding you random answer , there were and maybe still are rack issues at the port but mine is on a train with its roof rack and is being held at the end of the line, just like all the other ones.
You can say it's not accurate. I'm just telling all of the members what my salesman passed along to me as the reason.
And none of the other members have been told this by our sales people ..... just sayin

I think he's just feeding you random answer , there were and maybe still are rack issues at the port but mine is on a train with its roof rack and is being held at the end of the line, just like all the other ones.

And none of the other members have been told this by our sales people ..... just sayin
Once again, I was just passing along what I was told. Seems like we have lots of speculation but no real answers. You may be right, but you also may be wrong. Bottom line is we'd all like our vehicles to be delivered.

Once again, I was just passing along what I was told. Seems like we have lots of speculation but no real answers. You may be right, but you also may be wrong. Bottom line is we'd all like our vehicles to be delivered.
It's 100% not roof racks. My LC doesn't have a Roof rack and it's on QC Hold lol. Like others said it's a common part problem between LC, GX, and 4Runners, or a software issue.

It's 100% not roof racks. My LC doesn't have a Roof rack and it's on QC Hold lol. Like others said it's a common part problem between LC, GX, and 4Runners, or a software issue.

I actually was forwarded an email from my salesman that he got from the Toyota District Manger. Here's what it said:
District 1 Sales Team -

Please be advised that there is a roof rack shortage for the Land Cruiser, which is a standard feature on the Global First Edition.

This shortage will delay the shipping/processing of these units from Portland to your store.

Obviously not ideal, but I wanted to let you all know ASAP. I will provide any new information as it becomes available.

...so, for some of us with FE models, it really is a roof rack problem.

There’s been shortages on virtually every accessory offered for this vehicle. Some are required before the vehicle can be shipped and others just drop off the PIO list. They wait a specific amount of time and if the item doesn’t come into stock, they will ship it without the PIO.

None of the accessories being out of stock account for a QC hold. This hold is placed on all of the vehicles in port, in transit on rail, and in transit on trucks. I believe if the dealer receives one that is on QC hold, he can’t sell it.

So your sales person is correct about the racks, but there’s more going on then that. For what it’s worth, the Lexus GX are on QC hold also.

Just got word from my dealer that they have four more coming by allocation tomorrow. I’m next on the list, so one of those will be mine! Guess I’ll work out how long the wait will be.

Last edited:
Awesome. Wait for Texas will likely be about 2 months from build date. If everything goes perfectly it could be closer to one month. If things go badly .... well let's just think positive thoughts!

Awesome. Wait for Texas will likely be about 2 months from build date. If everything goes perfectly it could be closer to one month. If things go badly .... well let's just think positive thoughts!
I was wondering the duration of the wait. My dealer just got their only first Editon yesterday (I am in Texas). But the sales manager said they earned four more and will learn the trim and colors on Thursday. I’m just excited to be on the dance floor, I can wait a couple months.

My dealer is fairly small. If they’re getting four, I would bet that means the rest of the Texas dealers are about to get a pretty good sized allocation.

Last edited:
Noticed a large new allocation drop today at least here in Arkansas at many of our smaller local dealers, and I would assume the same for other dealers in the Gulf States Toyota region, maybe all over. I wonder if all of these are on QC hold like mine and many of you? Or perhaps these allocations are just about to be built, therefore they can avoid whatever defect is being fixed in the QC hold units?

Last edited:
Noticed a large new allocation drop today at least here in Arkansas at many of our smaller local dealers, and I would assume the same for other dealers in the Gulf States Toyota region, maybe all over. I wonder if all of these are on QC hold like mine and many of you? Or perhaps these allocations are just about to be built, therefore they can avoid whatever defect is being fixed in the QC hold units?
I think with gulf states the allocations come later than with other parts of the country but the vehicles are delivered sooner after the allocations. Why that happens, I couldn’t tell you. But I would guess this allocation group is on lots in a month, even with the current QC stuff (which could be a batch or line issue?).

Talked this morning to the dealer I was originally going to buy from in Killeen and they have 1958s coming in that should be on the lot in mid-June. If you’re in Gulf States, it sounds like there is about to be a flood of availability.

Someone posted on a Facebook group this morning that there sales manager had told them the QC Hold is a potential issue with the sunroof that needs to be inspected/fixed. This lines up since LC FE/Mid-Tier have one along with the GX 550. Maybe a faulty part from a supplier or misalignment, who knows?

Back