2024 Spare tire swing out.

I would worry about issues when traveling in rough terrain/washboard roads. Vibration/metal fatigue.
To answer your worry, check out this video at 4:45: the SUV almost jump up on the “air” on the rough terrain with high speed, the tire carrier is intact with the vehicle frame as one. I reviewed/researched many, but Dirtcom Swing out Tire Carrier is the Best

The blue LCFE in this video is mine ;)

Attachments

• 1E08A8F1-D8F2-446A-ABDA-081768EB0F1E.jpeg
    1E08A8F1-D8F2-446A-ABDA-081768EB0F1E.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 13
Great video, and admittedly it appears substantial. Still, the stock spare is pulled VERY tightly against the frame, rendering it immune from vibration effects. I might be tempted if an auxiliary fuel tank could be mounted in place of the standard spare.

To answer your worry, check out this video at 4:45: the SUV almost jump up on the “air” on the rough terrain with high speed, the tire carrier is intact with the vehicle frame as one. I reviewed/researched many, but Dirtcom Swing out Tire Carrier is the Best

The blue LCFE in this video is mine ;)

Are the back up sensors and rear cross traffic alerts still going to work with this swing out? this is the one concern I have stopping me from upgrading to 285's

Are the back up sensors and rear cross traffic alerts still going to work with this swing out? this is the one concern I have stopping me from upgrading to 285's
I've got this swing out installed on my 1958, the cross traffic sensor still works. But obviously the back up sensors and auto stop had to be turned off

1000005276.jpg

I'm not going to have that heavy spare installed when driving around the city. I'll throw it on when I go to the beach or somewhere I might actually need it

Last edited:
I might wait for a rear bumper replacement to come out like the Victory rear strike for the GX that keeps all sensors unobstructed. Just don't want to do any trimming or drilling on my FE which might be a fairytale with any rear end replacement :(

Attachments

• VGX55RS_6.jpg
    VGX55RS_6.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 9
I might wait for a rear bumper replacement to come out like the Victory rear strike for the GX that keeps all sensors unobstructed. Just don't want to do any trimming or drilling on my FE which might be a fairytale with any rear end replacement :(
I think Dissent already confirmed you need to cut into the frame for any rear bumper install, which is what pushed me to the dirtcom swing out

Back