2024 Spare tire swing out.

I would worry about issues when traveling in rough terrain/washboard roads. Vibration/metal fatigue.
To answer your worry, check out this video at 4:45: the SUV almost jump up on the “air” on the rough terrain with high speed, the tire carrier is intact with the vehicle frame as one. I reviewed/researched many, but Dirtcom Swing out Tire Carrier is the Best

The blue LCFE in this video is mine ;)

Attachments

• 1E08A8F1-D8F2-446A-ABDA-081768EB0F1E.jpeg
    1E08A8F1-D8F2-446A-ABDA-081768EB0F1E.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 4
Great video, and admittedly it appears substantial. Still, the stock spare is pulled VERY tightly against the frame, rendering it immune from vibration effects. I might be tempted if an auxiliary fuel tank could be mounted in place of the standard spare.

To answer your worry, check out this video at 4:45: the SUV almost jump up on the “air” on the rough terrain with high speed, the tire carrier is intact with the vehicle frame as one. I reviewed/researched many, but Dirtcom Swing out Tire Carrier is the Best

The blue LCFE in this video is mine ;)

Are the back up sensors and rear cross traffic alerts still going to work with this swing out? this is the one concern I have stopping me from upgrading to 285's

Back