2024 LC FE 360 Camera View

Amigo

đź“› Founding Member
Jun 25, 2024
Texas
Vehicles
2020 Land Cruiser, 2024 Land Cruiser
Hello. I am new and have enjoyed reading the threads on the 2024 LC. I took delivery of a FE yesterday and I am learning as much about it as possible. I did have a question about the 360 camera system. I had noticed a few times that when I start to move in reverse the simulated vehicle would change. I didn't pay a lot of attention until today. I noticed that when the vehicle starts to move in reverse the vehicle color disappears and it turns to an outline and I can see what is underneath the vehicle. I was not aware that they had a camera installed underneath. I wanted to verify what I am seeing to see if I need to lay off the booze for a while. I have seen many videos and nobody has mentioned this. Any others notice this? I will check again tomorrow and see if I saw correctly.

Hello. I am new and have enjoyed reading the threads on the 2024 LC. I took delivery of a FE yesterday and I am learning as much about it as possible. I did have a question about the 360 camera system. I had noticed a few times that when I start to move in reverse the simulated vehicle would change. I didn't pay a lot of attention until today. I noticed that when the vehicle starts to move in reverse the vehicle color disappears and it turns to an outline and I can see what is underneath the vehicle. I was not aware that they had a camera installed underneath. I wanted to verify what I am seeing to see if I need to lay off the booze for a while. I have seen many videos and nobody has mentioned this. Any others notice this? I will check again tomorrow and see if I saw correctly.
John Barleycorn must die...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdI057Rs3wY

Last edited:
It’s a feature primarily for off-roading. The cameras are recording the ground and as you move they will fill in the space beneath the vehicle to give you an approximate location of where obstacles might be in relation to your tires. It’s important to know it’s a recorded image below the vehicle and not live but should be helpful if driving relatively straight forwards or backwards.

Ok, that makes sense instead of having an actual camera that would not last long underneath. It was cool to see it did a good job. Thanks for the explanation.

I told my passenger (kid) that the vehicle cloaked and was invisible, but yet visible to us. I think she believed me for about 7 solid seconds.
You can actually change the color of the vehicle in the camera view, though. For real.

I will remember that little trick for future passengers. It does a good job of recording, that it looks like you are seeing in real time what is underneath which will make it believable.

Back