2 Pre-Owned LC's Available

Esquire

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black
I just received a message from Molle Toyota in Kansas City with exciting news.

They have 2 fantastic Pre-Owned LC's available. I presume these were tester vehicles.

1958 Model -- 306 Miles -- my special price: $79,998
First Edition -- 258 Miles -- my special price: $95,997

I would suggest buying them both. However, better act fast.....

Sounds like the workaround that dealers were doing with the GR Corolla last year. They officially "sell" it to their used car arm of the company -- meaning that it is reported to Toyota as a sold unit for MSRP -- where they then ask for another allocation and attempt to sell the first one marked up while flying under Toyota's radar.

They have 2 fantastic Pre-Owned LC's available. I presume these were tester vehicles.

As soon as you drive it off the lot, the price goes up by $15K. Is Toyota watching?

That's hilarious. And they have new ones showing as MSRP on the same web site!?! What kind of scam is this?

Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 12.50.33โ€ฏPM.png

As soon as you drive it off the lot, the price goes up by $15K. Is Toyota watching?
Toyota only cares about the dealers. They want to keep the dealers happy for the service revenue they bring. In the process if the customer gets ripped off, its OK with them, Some innocent buyer pays above MSRP, on an already dealer-discounted price below invoice, they are good with that. Tesla's business model is on their face, but they are still stuck with the 50 year business model.

Toyota only cares about the dealers. They want to keep the dealers happy for the service revenue they bring. In the process if the customer gets ripped off, its OK with them, Some innocent buyer pays above MSRP, on an already dealer-discounted price below invoice, they are good with that. Tesla's business model is on their face, but they are still stuck with the 50 year business model.
I've read that Toyota wants to move to a direct sales model because they're not really happy having one of the highest rated brands sold through some of the lowest rated dealers. Dealers are the worst part of the Toyota experience. The current "SmartPath" version is supposed to be a small step towards this, allowing you to purchase from a dealer through the Toyota web site without haggling over price.

I've read that Toyota wants to move to a direct sales model because they're not really happy having one of the highest rated brands sold through some of the lowest rated dealers. Dealers are the worst part of the Toyota experience.
Can they? They wont risk short term impact, transitioning to a newer sales model, till they are badly hurt. Incumbent dilemma.

Not at those prices

Are we being punkโ€™d? lol

@Esquire did your account get hacked? ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Esquire did your account get hacked? ๐Ÿ˜‚
I wish it had been hacked. Markarian421 looked up Molle Toyota as well and was surprised to see such a bargain price on these sleds.

I received the good news from some random salesman who called and left me a message with these two "deals." I must have given this dealership
my info before I put my deposit down at the dealership I ultimately went with.

I have a $500 deposit at Molle. The salesman assured me they sell at MSRP. Not sure what this is?!

I have a $500 deposit at Molle. The salesman assured me they sell at MSRP. Not sure what this is?!
I have no idea. I am sure you are fine. Iโ€™m just up in Omaha and I almost put a deposit on one down there.

They are likely trying to snag an unsuspecting person or two. Maybe grab a KC Chief player or Royal.

Hendrick Lexus KC has a used Luxury+ GX550 they are asking $115k for. Tells you what they think of their clientele who are waiting patiently to purchase one from them. They won't even let customers test drive one. I laughed on the phone when he tried to justify the price and hung up.

Back