Cruiser-curious

zh2oson

📛 Founding Member
Apr 23, 2024
Pasadena, CA
Vehicles
Onewheel Pint;
Hello forum people! I am here because I'm considering a 2024 Land Cruiser. I've owned several 4x4s in the past but am currently using a Polestar 2 as my daily driver. Because we head up to the mountains on a regular basis, I "need" something that doesn't require charging and has some capability above what the PS2 offers. So, Land Cruiser is on my list!

I have not been a fan of the last few Land Cruiser iterations, but this new design looks amazing and has me weighing one of these as my next ride. Since I've never owned a Toyota or have any idea about how dealers operate, I'm hoping to pick up some tips and tricks here. From a cursory search around Los Angeles, it seems like dealers aren't taking an real reservations at this time but are willing to park people on a wait-list. It also seems like dealers are tacking on mark-ups for Land Cruiser deliveries.

Glad to be here.

As I have found with my Polestar (which was also the first model year of a new design) I found that forum to be invaluable in working out the various kinks of ownership. Well...leasing.

I agree about the last few Land Cruiser iterations. I haven't liked anything since my FJ80. I had been looking for an old FJ60 to restore when they announced the 250. I loved the look of it right away. New Land Cruisers are back on the menu.

There are so many good-looking trucks on the market right now. I wonder if design teams are just really locked in or is it just that I'm finally the target demographic for these giant companies?

I love the looks of:
  • Toyota 4Runner (2025)
  • Land Rover Defender 110
  • 2 Door Bronco
  • Rivian R1S
I hate to be so unoriginal.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE
There are so many good-looking trucks on the market right now. I wonder if design teams are just really locked in or is it just that I'm finally the target demographic for these giant companies?

I love the looks of:
  • Toyota 4Runner (2025)
  • Land Rover Defender 110
  • 2 Door Bronco
  • Rivian R1S
I hate to be so unoriginal.
IMO Land Rover reliability and reputation is not the greatest. And Rivian will be out of business in a few years...that's just my take

I'm not saying they are smart choices...I'm just saying they all look cool. ;)
that we can definitely agree on. I guess it just comes down to personal preference for most people.

A lot of people will take the TRD pro 4runner and Trailhunter edition...I still prefer the look of the LC rather than the new 4runner, but they both look nice, just different

It'll be interesting to see how the 4Runner and Land Cruiser do vs. each other sales-wise.

Like I said above, I've never owned (or considered) a Toyota, so I have no preconceived notions about either model. Now that I'm trying to learn more, it seems a bit strange that they are so similar in some ways. That being said, the LC appeals more to me but I couldn't tell you why!

If you don’t want to pay a markup just wait for 4-5 months after the launch. You’ll be able to buy one at sticker. If you don’t want to wait that long I’ll sell you one of mine at sticker….just not the first editions I’m getting.

If you don’t want to pay a markup just wait for 4-5 months after the launch. You’ll be able to buy one at sticker. If you don’t want to wait that long I’ll sell you one of mine at sticker….just not the first editions I’m getting.
I appreciate the offer. I'm bookmarking this post!

It seems like there are dealers around here that are not charging a mark-up. I don't need a car until the Fall, so I'm not in a huge hurry.

Back