Land Cruiser Road tests - what questions u want answers for?

fhb

📛 Founding Member
Feb 21, 2024
Stittsville , Ontario, Canada
Vehicles
Honda CRV 2018/2021/2023 Hybrid, Yamaha Viking SxS
With the upcoming embargo ending and reveal of road tests/review for LC what top questions do you want answered? My top would be:

1. what is the 0-60 time?
2. how does it drive and handle on-road (quiet/refined/driver position...??)
3. dimensions/real specs of cargo area with seats up/seats tumbled, backseat legroom...etc
4. what features are available for towing & trailer hookup

0-60 not a concern. It is a utility vehicle, not a sports car.
Road noise between the 1958 and Land Cruiser trim levels.

With the upcoming embargo ending and reveal of road tests/review for LC what top questions do you want answered? My top would be:

1. what is the 0-60 time?
2. how does it drive and handle on-road (quiet/refined/driver position...??)
3. dimensions/real specs of cargo area with seats up/seats tumbled, backseat legroom...etc
4. what features are available for towing & trailer hookup
it comes standard with 4pin/7pin connectors, tow mode, and built in trailer brake controller.

Does the engine turn off when you are driving ? During my 20min test with Tundra iForce Max the engine did not turn off despite all my efforts....
Fuel Efficiency at 50-70mph ?

Does the engine turn off when you are driving ? During my 20min test with Tundra iForce Max the engine did not turn off despite all my efforts....
Fuel Efficiency at 50-70mph ?
That’s really odd. We’ve not had any issues with our Sequoia with iForce Max. In fact that engine is what really sold me on the LC.

That’s really odd. We’ve not had any issues with our Sequoia with iForce Max. In fact that engine is what really sold me on the LC.
With a regular hybrid you can drive more or less on battery when coasting, decelerating, going downhill.... This is how you get amazing efficiency like 35 mpg with a Grand Highlander 2.5 Hybrid. “Not running the gas engine constantly is one of the reasons hybrids get such good gas mileage"

Does your Sequoia run on battery?
Which engine sold you on the LC ?

0-60 not a concern. It is a utility vehicle, not a sports car.
Road noise between the 1958 and Land Cruiser trim levels.
0-60 is a general metric for power and acceleration. Guess could add quarter mile time too. Important metrics to use for comparisons. You forgot the word “sport” in SUV. I’ll be using the LC for more than hauling groceries back and forth from Walmart. And it better have some more grunt and sport than a Yaris…or my $80k will go elsewhere. LOL

not really drive test but hope to know before I get mine

1. Tire size wheel well info clearance 17 inch rims etc.
2. Cargo Area measurements
3. Will there there be factory options to add air compressors, factory lift, TRD products to 1958 looks slim on website
4. Is the ride better in a 1958 then a 4runner/taco for the 15,000 extra even though i am committed to LC life. ... more quiet,smoother,shfting
5. Back power supply work without LC being on
6. How does all that HP and torque feel !!!!!

How does it accelerate and corner and handle in highway driving?
What kind of fuel does it use?(joke)
How does it drive in the snow?

Visibility through windows, mirrors, etc. I remember the FJ came out and there was no way I was going to drive it with such a wide pillar blocking the view.

A lot of reviews are available now ! Let's see if we get all the answers.... very busy day ahead.

+1 for highway Road noise
From Motor trend road test

Unsurprisingly, a tall, boxy SUV with all-terrain tires isn’t the quietest inside. There’s always a thrum from the rubber as you’re driving, and at freeway speeds it’s joined by wind noise from the blocky door mirrors and upright windshield. On a calm day, the interior noise is tolerable at 80 mph, but if there’s even a bit of wind, you’ll need to speak very loudly to be heard by the front-seat passenger.
———————————

Reactions: MJE
Someone please take that hideous trailer hitch cover off and get a picture of what they are hiding. First order for me will be to 3d print a better looking alternative for sure.

We still need to filter those answers "All Land Cruisers come standard with full-time four-wheel drive with a high (1.00:1) and low gear (2.57:1), as well as front and rear locking differentials"

From Motor trend road test

Unsurprisingly, a tall, boxy SUV with all-terrain tires isn’t the quietest inside. There’s always a thrum from the rubber as you’re driving, and at freeway speeds it’s joined by wind noise from the blocky door mirrors and upright windshield. On a calm day, the interior noise is tolerable at 80 mph, but if there’s even a bit of wind, you’ll need to speak very loudly to be heard by the front-seat passenger.
———————————
i guess my wife will still think im deaf!

Is it Quieter than the 4Runner at the same speed and conditions? I would think there would be some kind of standard noise measurement, but it doesn't look to be the case. My 4Runner is too noisy at 75 mph, and I was hoping the LC was at least a little quieter.

Someone please take that hideous trailer hitch cover off and get a picture of what they are hiding. First order for me will be to 3d print a better looking alternative for sure.

If you can 3d print a nice one I'm sure you would have a lot of buyers. Shot of TRD Jon and Kirk Kreifels video.

LAND CRUISER TRAILER HITCH.JPG

We still need to filter those answers "All Land Cruisers come standard with full-time four-wheel drive with a high (1.00:1) and low gear (2.57:1), as well as front and rear locking differentials"

They all come standard with Full Time 4WD and Center and Rear lockers. No Front locker. Front Sway Bar Disconnect on Mid and 1st Edition. Not sure about the ratio but it sounds reasonable.

Back