Gave up my 1st edition for a 1958

112.2WB1958

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Apr 28, 2024
Oregon
Vehicles
โ€˜93 Pickup DX
Greetings from Central Oregon. Iโ€™m looking forward to the arrival of my 1958 having passed on the 1st edition due to my desire for simplicity. My dealer is getting six 1sts and only one 1958.. Very grateful to have it since there are several people who will have to wait.

My first car was a 1980 Celica and I currently have a โ€˜93 Pickup DX which will be sold to put $ down on the LC.

I intend to throw some steelies and proper shoes on it, and use this for moderate trails and camping.

If any of you are in the Central Oregon area say hi!

Welcome 112.2WB1958! Hey, I figured out your username! If just for trails and camping, the 1958 trim may be the way to fly. However, as a single-vehicle older couple we think the LC with the Premium Pkg may be the way to go. Am amazed your dealer is getting SIX 1st editions! They must have connections, or be a VERY large dealer.

Welcome to the forum. Central Oregon is a nice place to be. I love cruising all the ridges where sheep drovers roamed.

In Nevada the quest is abandoned mines and ghost towns. Which, necessitates better tires than Toyota has chosen to put on the new LC. Am amazed they did not release a Trailhunter trim, but since the announcement of the new 4Runner, we know why.

Greetings from Central Oregon. Iโ€™m looking forward to the arrival of my 1958 having passed on the 1st edition due to my desire for simplicity. My dealer is getting six 1sts and only one 1958.. Very grateful to have it since there are several people who will have to wait.
Well done !

Hey there, also from Central Oregon! I just sold my 2020 Tacoma to Toyota to use the cash for a LC trim. I wonder if the 1st edition you gave up is the one they bought for demo? Got to take it out for a spin. The salesmen I was working with was saying that dealership is one of the top 4runner and LC sellers in the country so they are being allocated more units than others.

Very excited for the day to come, hopefully yours shows up soon!

Hey there, also from Central Oregon! I just sold my 2020 Tacoma to Toyota to use the cash for a LC trim. I wonder if the 1st edition you gave up is the one they bought for demo? Got to take it out for a spin. The salesmen I was working with was saying that dealership is one of the top 4runner and LC sellers in the country so they are being allocated more units than others.

Very excited for the day to come, hopefully yours shows up soon!
Small world!! Yes, I drove that one as well. I had my name on the first Black/Black one. Should be there this week Iโ€™d think..

And yes, our dealer kills it on LCโ€™s but allocations were based on Runner sales which as you mentioned they are also strong on.

I canโ€™t wait to get it dirty.

I'm also waiting for my 1958 to arrive (the window is 5/12-5/24 for whatever that was worth). I'd also want to throw some steel wheels on the truck soon. Do you have your eyes on/source for a particular set of steelies? I'd love to find some silver ones that look like the ones you'd find on a 70 Series.

1715812336983.png

WELCOME TO THE PARTY! I too gave up on the GX550 and even the Premium Mid Trim for LC as dealers were marking up like crazy + high interest rates. The 1958 made so much more sense and enough off road goodies you'll ever need. Congrats!

after check the 1st edition at longo toyota in person. I gave up my LC trim order. All the LC trim they will get this year with premium package which I'm not willing to pay the features. especially the cooler.

Great choice on the 1958! I love the white one with the black trim but have ordered the mid trim LC as I'm vertically challenged and need power seats!

I will be getting the 1958 trim - it will be just like my 2007 FJ Cruiser with the cloth manual seats and round headlights. One thing that bugs me about it is the 8-inch screen. Toyota saves maybe $200-$300 (guess?) by going with an 8-inch screen vs the 12.3 inch. I can live with it, but this just seems like Toyota penalizing buyers unnecessarily for going with the base trim.

Back