Counting the days. First Edition on the ship.

FE in Jamaica didn't get the round lights. Was always on the fence about them.

Exciting! Keep us posted! I just heard from the dealership this morning about mine. Still 7 days from arriving at port. Confirming I was correct in thinking it would be on the vessel “Sakura Leader.”
When did yours leave Japan?

Must be waiting on the parts @daspyknows mentioned before. The Benicia port has rail going into the port so I wouldn’t think it would take long to load it on a train unless they were waiting for something.
Something is holding things up. My sales rep is trying to get to the bottom of why mine has been sitting there for 2 weeks.

So, my salesman called me today. He was fired from the dealership for taking a call from a competing dealership looking to hire him. He was fired on the spot.

I had a poor purchasing experience with their Lexus sister dealership, but they're my local dealer and they weren't adding markups. The issue I'm having is when I called in nobody knows who's handling my transaction, nor who I am despite having my receipt and printout in hand.

Do I just cancel my FE order and chance it? I've got a bad taste in my mouth.

JUST GOT AN UPDATE FROM MY DEALERSHIP!
Sales Manager said the hold up is the skid plates! The supplier is having issues meeting demand. He said they do not have an ETA and Toyota isn’t allowing the delivery of FEs to the dealerships without the skid plates. It may be a week or a few more weeks. He also informed me he’s talked to other dealerships in the area and that’s what other LCs at port are waiting for. He also mentioned there is increased pressure on the supplier because the port is small and running out of space.

JUST GOT AN UPDATE FROM MY DEALERSHIP!
Sales Manager said the hold up is the skid plates! The supplier is having issues meeting demand. He said they do not have an ETA and Toyota isn’t allowing the delivery of FEs to the dealerships without the skid plates. It may be a week or a few more weeks. He also informed me he’s talked to other dealerships in the area and that’s what other LCs at port are waiting for. He also mentioned there is increased pressure on the supplier because the port is small and running out of space.
thx. for me they have about 10 days. Once I get into late April I will be traveling until early July and I am not going to pay and have them hold it for 2 months. They haven't cashed my check until they have the vehicle.

Hadn't heard anything from my sales rep since Wednesday when he said he was going to call Toyota at the port so I stopped by dealership today. I spoke with the GM and he checked the system and it said 17th to 30th. I asked if anyone has called to find out what was going on and my sales guy said no, his phone was broken. I said that some have been delivered to LA dealers and he said they must be big dealers. Huh? I told then they had until next Friday. I am leaving on a trip that I was hoping to take the LC on and then have 3 other back to back trips until early July and wasn't waiting until July to get the truck. I said I am not paying for the truck to have it sit there for 2 months. I will find an LC trim in July from another dealer. Nothing pisses me off when someone says they will do something and doesn't do it.

I just heard I should have mine at some point between next Monday and Wednesday. The ship has been sitting right outside the Golden Gate Bridget waiting patiently. I should change the title to counting the hours.
What color are you waiting on?

Hadn't heard anything from my sales rep since Wednesday when he said he was going to call Toyota at the port so I stopped by dealership today. I spoke with the GM and he checked the system and it said 17th to 30th. I asked if anyone has called to find out what was going on and my sales guy said no, his phone was broken. I said that some have been delivered to LA dealers and he said they must be big dealers. Huh? I told then they had until next Friday. I am leaving on a trip that I was hoping to take the LC on and then have 3 other back to back trips until early July and wasn't waiting until July to get the truck. I said I am not paying for the truck to have it sit there for 2 months. I will find an LC trim in July from another dealer. Nothing pisses me off when someone says they will do something and doesn't do it.
His phone is broken…? 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m hoping mine delivers sometime this month. If not I might just end up getting a GX550 or stepping it up to a LX600 at this point.

That sucks. I hope they are able to pull it off for you.

Back