2024 deliveries LC250 vs Cybertruck

LC-120

📛 Founding Member
Sep 13, 2023
Bucharest
Vehicles
Landcruiser 120 D4D
Which one do you think will be able to deliver more in 2024 ?

after 9min22sec it's just an add.....

Last edited:
"We've got 5 point harnesses for our safety." On a flat dirt road. :rolleyes:

I have zero interest in that truck. Where I live, EV's are not a practical solution unless you're strictly an urbanite with a heated garage (coincidentally the target market for this truck), plus I'd never buy an offroad truck from someone who's never actually produced one. Might just be the audio, but that thing sounds like a total rattle trap on a pretty tame road for a brand new vehicle.

Reactions: MJE
I agree Alberta is not an EV champion. Today it is difficult to have one single car and that one to be an EV.
But as a second or third or... car it might be just perfect.

This was in July 2022:

I'm not against electric vehicles. I have no plans to ever buy a Tesla (unless I start hearing the quality is improving).
For my personal use (compared with a Land Cruiser), electric vehicles don't fit (yet). The charging network just isn't there. I like to drive too far off the main roads to be confident. If I have to carry a gas generator, why not just start with a vehicle that runs direct on gas? A neighbor just got a Rivian and tried to take his first road trip. The charging stations he had mapped out were all broken so he drove another hour to find all but one station broken. The one that WAS working was only charging at 30% capacity. It took hours to charge his truck.

For driving around town within safe distance of your house, I think the concept is awesome.

I'm not against electric vehicles. I have no plans to ever buy a Tesla (unless I start hearing the quality is improving).
For my personal use (compared with a Land Cruiser), electric vehicles don't fit (yet). The charging network just isn't there. I like to drive too far off the main roads to be confident. If I have to carry a gas generator, why not just start with a vehicle that runs direct on gas? A neighbor just got a Rivian and tried to take his first road trip. The charging stations he had mapped out were all broken so he drove another hour to find all but one station broken. The one that WAS working was only charging at 30% capacity. It took hours to charge his truck.

For driving around town within safe distance of your house, I think the concept is awesome.
Exactly. I'm also not against them, however politicians saying they're a good idea, doesn't mean they are.

Reactions: MJE
An EV is not for everybody. But negative examples are not relevant because there are millions of happy customers all over the planet.
You must study before buying an EV, same thing as for an off-roader.
I was puzzled back in 2019 when I met a family owning two cars, both Tesla, during their trip from Houston to Phoenix !! :rolleyes:
They could do it four years ago, for sure it's much easier today.
An EV is brilliant if you can charge at home (low rate or lower during the night or solar roof.....) and if you have other cars for long trips so you can use the EV within safe distance from home. In my case it is not about the range, because there are plenty of available charging stations. It is because of the cost. At home it is 14 cents/kWh on a long trip I would pay for DC fast charging 48 cents/kWh. Thus I did not sell my old school cars.... despite the huge pressure from my wife..

We lease a '22 EQS and own a '21 GLS 450. The EQS is one of the most impressive driving experiences I've ever had, and the cabin is a thing of beauty. We installed Tesla solar panels and a battery which has really made sense for our family. The car is energy efficient and when things are working as intended it's amazing.

Driving around SoCal with the EQS is OK for my wife. She's pretty good at managing range and finding charging stations if need be, but I have found range anxiety to big a question in mind, so I really don't trust the thing for long road trip duty.

Before we installed our home charger, we had to find public stations. Our experience, in 2022, was not great. The high speed chargers were either fully occupied, or broken.

The EQS has some weird software quirks that make it a little more complicated to just "put the key in and drive". There have been a couple of incidents where the thing either needed to reboot or gave us malfunction error due to an errant over the air update error.

Maintenance on this car is a lot easier, but because of the weight and it's driving dynamics the EQS shreds tires. We didn't get 10k miles out of them, and they're not your run of the mill tires.

I looked at Tesla models, and I just wasn't all that impressed with the vehicle, or the buying experience. I had some concerns about the build quality and frankly it felt rather spartan for the price.

I've found myself thinking I want an easy to drive, easy to own car with enough room to take the little people along for a fun day at the beach or on the trail. We rented a Prado this summer (we own a home in Dubai) and had a blast in the dunes. The GLS is an OK car, but that too has some build quality issues that are disappointing.

We lease a '22 EQS and own a '21 GLS 450. The EQS is one of the most impressive driving experiences I've ever had, and the cabin is a thing of beauty. We installed Tesla solar panels and a battery which has really made sense for our family. The car is energy efficient and when things are working as intended it's amazing.

Driving around SoCal with the EQS is OK for my wife. She's pretty good at managing range and finding charging stations if need be, but I have found range anxiety to big a question in mind, so I really don't trust the thing for long road trip duty.

Before we installed our home charger, we had to find public stations. Our experience, in 2022, was not great. The high speed chargers were either fully occupied, or broken.

The EQS has some weird software quirks that make it a little more complicated to just "put the key in and drive". There have been a couple of incidents where the thing either needed to reboot or gave us malfunction error due to an errant over the air update error.

Maintenance on this car is a lot easier, but because of the weight and it's driving dynamics the EQS shreds tires. We didn't get 10k miles out of them, and they're not your run of the mill tires.

I looked at Tesla models, and I just wasn't all that impressed with the vehicle, or the buying experience. I had some concerns about the build quality and frankly it felt rather spartan for the price.

I've found myself thinking I want an easy to drive, easy to own car with enough room to take the little people along for a fun day at the beach or on the trail. We rented a Prado this summer (we own a home in Dubai) and had a blast in the dunes. The GLS is an OK car, but that too has some build quality issues that are disappointing.
Never even considered the part about chewing through tires, but makes total sense. Your experience sounds pretty consistent with many others I've read. I want to like the idea of EV's, but for someone who lives where we have almost 5 months of winter, and I can often be 3 hours from the closest city, it's just a non-starter for me.

I’m excited about EVs, and I expect I’ll own an EV when my LC 250 reaches end-of-life. In the world of science we stand on the shoulders of those who came before us to advance technology. Todays EV industry players look like a scatter diagram with minimal consensus or collaboration. I’m happy to see Toyota and Tesla working together on charger standards. Toyota’s solid state battery appears to be the next paradigm shift with more to come in the next decade.

The EVs are everywhere. Not for everybody yet. And the progress on batteries will be huge, in every aspect.
We use our low range EV for city driving (imagine driving in Rome) and max 50 miles from home. But we stopped using the classic cars in the city.
The EV registration plates have different colour - green - and we get free parking !
It's funny that our model MX-30 was discontinued in US due to the low range but.... Mazda keeps going and just delivered the first MX-30 R-EV with a Rotary Engine and a 50L fuel tank :oops:

Back