2024 deliveries LC250 vs Cybertruck

Yes but none is EV. We'll see if they will keep the name Landcruiser.
This EV model may be a very successful one worldwide, as the Model Y.
As you know Land Rover has is no more chassis-on-frame since 2017. The famous DEFENDER "which shares no components or technology with its predecessor Defender model, has permanent all-wheel drive, locking differentials in the centre and rear, and a two-speed transfer case. Unlike the previous Defender models, the new model has an aluminium unibody instead of a body-on-frame construction"

Millions of people do not have a purpose to go off-road but they would like a reliable car able to do it when they need.

Regarding american EV potential market have a look:

Good points and I agree. Many here have probably noticed the titanic shift in the electric vehicle industry this week; the reckoning is worthy of a moment of silence. I still have confidence in Toyota and the LC 250 hybrid technology. ICE emissions are an existential threat to my personal health, so I understand EVs are the future; however those EV manufacturers on the losing end of technology investments will pay a heavy price.

There's obviously a big push for hybrids and EVs. Personally, I'm specifically looking hybrid for my next car. However, it's hard to find that perfect vehicle, and I'm not sure the LC Is it for me quite yet. My honey says his next car will likely be a EV, I imagine it'll be another 5 years + before that happens.
I knew it was a matter of time when our small town started getting public chargers. It's just a matter of time.

Lastly, it'll be interesting how "futuristic" the look of the cars and their an acceptance of them. I'm not sure I'm quite ready to go that far into Sci-Fi style. Personal opinion there.

In a small city you do not need public chargers. If you can charge at home it's just perfect. We live in a big city and I only charge at home, low amps during the night, at 80%. This is the best for battery lifetime. We use the EV in the city and 50 miles around.
In US there are still FREE charging stations :cool:. Not the fast DC chargers but sometimes they are useful.

I have a strong feeling there is no reason to check other brands from now on. It looks like Toyota and Tesla will provide all you need and can imagine from now on.
Corolla Hybrid, Crown, Grand Highlander 2.5 Hybrid AWD, the new Tacoma and Tundra Hybrid, the new Landcruiser 250 then Cybertruck, Model 3 Highland, Model 2...... plus all the new Lexus more or less electrified.... :cool:

Four more days !

It's just so crazy looking but I'll be following it. If Tesla offered an extreme/off-road SUV version of the Cyber Truck, I think it would do well.

7,435 LB-FT of torque for the ALL Wheel Drive Cybertruck. Over 10,000 LB-FT for the Cyberbeast. Is this real ???

I bet the immediate torque is awesome. It also has some impressive specs in towing and payload. The actual prices is significantly higher than Tesla's initial quotes, which seems to one major disappointment from what I'm reading.

Last edited:
Tesla's battery pack has too many cells. I can't understand why Tesla would use stainless steel body panels with obsolete battery technology. It’s not clear to me who will be making replacement Tesla battery packs in 10 years.

Tesla's battery pack has too many cells. I can't understand why Tesla would use stainless steel body panels with obsolete battery technology. It’s not clear to me who will be making replacement Tesla battery packs in 10 years.

What manufacture is using the best battery packs right now?

Toyota has just one electric model and the volumes are really low. If they have an advantage today, it is on paper.

Tesla must develop battery replacement solutions in short time. Otherwise the EV enthusiasm may just disappear in 2-3 years.

If the Tesla is like the Starlink, then it'll be a couple of generations before they start using "standard" supported equipment.
Personal opinion that other manufactures do EV better than Toyota, but time will tell.

Did you find any official information regarding the battery and range extender capacity ? Probably you only get these "details" when you order the car :oops:.

Back