Windshield imperfection possibly

That will spread quickly. I'd recommend having Safelite or another glass repair company drill it right at the end of the crack so it doesn't go any further.
I’ll have to tell my daughter abt this also- she lives in castle rock and says it’s foolish to keep replacing windshields- so she waits until there’s “multiple” chips/cracks and winters over and then goes -

Windshield came in finally 9/26 (ordered 8/26) but the repair company did not order the molding with it so it cannot be repaired. 😡 😡 😡

@chrisw2069 How did you get your molding from Toyota? Any extra you could send my way? 😆 Who did you call to get it so quick?

My Toyota was delivered by a third party shipper to me and a tree branch fell on the new car during transport 😡

Last edited:
I had a loud pop and then instantly a 3”+ crack running down the passenger side from top of the windshield by the molding going straight down. In just a few minutes it doubled in length. Never saw a rock or anything and by the way it looks and spread it makes me wonder if there is a glass/windshield imperfection.

I definitely will look into the Exoshield. Thanks for the tip. Less than 2 months in and have palm size crack on the passenger side and awaiting the $1k plus replacement!
$1k? It cost me $2200 to replace windshield and all onetime use molding and labor. This is at a body shop my Toyota dealer recommended. It took more than a month to get all the parts in.

I had Exoshield installed on mine as soon as I could around 175 miles. I've had it installed on several other vehicles including a 4Runner and it does help, especially with the more vertical windshields. It isn't bullet proof but can help prevent chipping and most defintely helps with pitting. They also provide a replacement warranty in case it does get chipped/cracked.

@LC250CO14 did you install Exoshield GT3+ or Ultra?

Back