Wind Chill Pearl - Warning

glibglob

📛 Founding Member
Sep 9, 2024
Media
Roaming
Vehicles
LC Base
I do a decent amount of driving on back roads with dump trucks. Even with far follow distances chips are inevitable.

Wind Chill Pearl apparently has no perfect match for touch ups. I think it will be fine for me but figured I could mention my findings!

From Dr Color Chip:
“Your vehicle has a tri-coat / 3-stage color, meaning it was painted with a base coat, pearl coat and a tinted clear coat. Our paint is a single stage formula and there is not a single stage formula that matches exactly. However, the paint you receive should allow for a close color match and yield far better results than using regular touch-up paint. Please check the box to acknowledge this.”

Yes chips are inevitable. Even if you don’t tailgate chips will occur from oncoming traffic. Ppf will help protect obviously. Even body shops will have a hard time to match a pearl panel but a good shop can get it right. I do like the fact that wcp has an extra layer of paint/color than most vehicles. We paid for it though.

Wish I had gotten the front PPF’d immediately. Then I wouldn’t have to deal with bugs either 😂

I’m kinda hesitant about ppf. I never had it done. My theory is that it’s not gonna last forever and when it “deteriorates “ removal is probably a pita and there is bound to be some degree of fading. Every vehicle I’ve owned has small chips and upon trading them in the dealer never has mentioned it.

Back