First road trip impressions

3rdWAM

📛 Founding Member
Oct 2, 2024
NJ
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Just finished a 300 mile loop through NJ and NY. Nothing off road however you could argue the Cross Bronx expressway with its bumps, and crater potholes might qualify! Really like the overall feel of the rig, handles great in traffic and at speed on the highway. I did not think I would like some of the safety features but decided I would leave them on to see how they performed and overall it wasn't bad, with the exception of the driver attention feature, that one will be turned off. Felt like I had plenty of power when needed and while the engine sounds are a little lackluster at take off once you get rolling they even out. Going from 55 to 80 when passing was no problem and still felt like there was plenty more power on tap if needed. Had heard some reviews that wind noise was kind of loud but I didn’t notice it at all, JBL stereo was cranking some Tom Petty and it sounded great.

One gripe is the storage or lack there of, I wouldn’t have chosen the cool box feature as it takes up half the console storage and doubt I’ll ever use it but I didn’t buy this baby for the storage! The best thing is I didn’t see another LC during the whole trip, so many cars are generic and you see them everywhere, this one stands out. Looking forward to getting off road and getting dirty on my next go round.

Back