Will I hate the 20" wheels?

I have 18s, so take my opinion with a grain of salt but ... the 20s looks completely fine to me from what I've seen. They don't look too big or out of place and I imagine with a tire upgrade they will be perfectly fine for 99% of our collective usage!

If i had no choice but to accept 20s, i probably would just roll with them.

Well this dealer is getting new land cruisers show up daily on their site. In fact, a 18" LC Underground showed up today. So, I may just switch. The more I see the beefier tires, the more I want 18's.

Can you just put tires not eh 20's that'll make it perform better off road? If so, give me an idea of what would be a good tire to put on the 20.
If you're not going to be in sand or rock crawling, the 20" wheels are probably fine, you can look at the "20in Tires" sheet on the spreadsheet linked in my signature. If you're in Texas, winter performance might not be as important to you and you might look at some mud terrain tires as well -- my list is mostly three peak winter rated all terrains.

For my part, with the current options, if I had to pick a tire for the 20" wheel today, it would be the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 275/60R20. But depending on the day of the week I might pick the Nokian Outpost nAT 275/60R20 (with the Kevlar-like Amarid sidewalls & a tire replacement guarantee for unrepairable damage) or the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac RT 275/60R20 (3 ply sidewall & Kevlar) instead as maybe more durable tires? And really you couldn't go wrong with the Falken's or Toyos on that spreadsheet in the standard load (non LT) sizes either. The non-LT tires will have a better ride and weigh less.

I saw a 20" equipped LC trim beside a first edition earlier this week, and the difference in the sidewall isn't that massive, TBH. If we were talking 4Runner that is on a smaller overall tire diameter, the 20s seem really pronounced. The taller tires on the Land Cruiser make the 20s look not so much like a wagon wheel and it still has a robust sidewall. For moderate off roading, they will be totally fine.
I would agree, I wanted the 18" but the dealer went ahead and ordered the 20" on the off chance I wouldn't take delivery. The 20" has more side wall than I expected. Nevertheless, when it comes time to replace the tires, I will likely get 18" rims and tires.

Back