Where do you put your keys

fizzypop

📛 Founding Member
Sep 4, 2024
Texas
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
This isn’t Land Cruiser specific but my LC 250 is the first keyless entry car I’ve bought so I’m still getting used to not putting keys in the ignition, and I keep forgetting my key fob since I don’t have to use it to turn off the car. Probably just my adhd brain lol. There is not a great area to put them other than the cup holder where I won’t keep forgetting to take them with me

Reactions: LC3
I just keep the fob in my pants pocket. Works for letting me in, starting, driving, and locking it. Nothing to take out or forget in the vehicle.

To me that is the best part of having a vehicle with keyless entry. You just walk up to it, grab the handle to unlock it, get in and push the button to start it, and drive away. Then when you leave the vehicle you just have to remember to touch the door handle to lock it. :)

Pocket for me. Unlike the older generation of wireless keys, this one never seems to "disconnect" from the car like my old ones did. Sucks because those disconnects were always accompanied by blaring sounds, regardless of car brand.

I put a 3M adhesive wall hanger (about 1/2" by 1") in the region below the push button start. Put key ring on it so my 2 fob (LC and Wife's car) as all the other keys just hang there in a similar style to using the old school ignition. My muscle memory is happy this way and is a good storage for all of the other keys et. Once I exit my car to do something, i can pop the fob only (by disconnecting the embedded key / king ring using the lock on the back of the fob) in my pocket so I'm not walking around with all of the keys etc.

I started to put the fob in that little “pocket” handle thingy on the door that is made to help you close the door. It’s kinda deep.

IMG_3313.jpeg

This isn’t Land Cruiser specific but my LC 250 is the first keyless entry car I’ve bought so I’m still getting used to not putting keys in the ignition, and I keep forgetting my key fob since I don’t have to use it to turn off the car. Probably just my adhd brain lol. There is not a great area to put them other than the cup holder where I won’t keep forgetting to take them with me

I keep a FOB for both my cars in my pockets at all times. As forgetful as I am, I'd be making a lot of extra trips up/down the stairs if I didn't...

I have a tendency to forget my wallet so I keep the fob in a drawer with my wallet. Then, when driving, I keep each in a pocket. I have a skinny wallet, not a George Costanza wallet.

With the new "Credit Card" key, I purchased an Apple Mag wallet, the CC key fits like a glove in it and it magnetically attaches to my cell phone. I wish the magnet was stronger but it works for now. It is mighty handy for not forgetting my cell phone, cause I can't drive off without it........LOL

I can't stand things moving around and making little noises. I usually put the keys next to my wallet in the cup holder. The fit in snug and don't move around.

Back