What’s your name mean?

IYKYK. Probably watched this movie 100 times on deployment…mostly because it was one of the only ones we had. -

USMC-retired
Thank you for your service. I guess Full Metal Jacket is not what you would’ve wanted to watch at that particular moment.

McCloud River Northern California. Birthplace of most rainbow trout worldwide. The McCloud River strain tended to stay in the river system instead of disappearing into the sea to become Steelhead.
Interesting, up here we have native brookies and arctic char.

Mine is just my initials. I hate coming up with names & find it pointless to bust my non-creative brain to come up with something cryptic when I’m on every FB group with my real name. So nothing too fun here.

I have been a big motorcyclist since I was a teenager. Mainly Italian and German bikes. But had a Kawasaki ZRX1100 that I LOVED. But have not ridden in the last few years. Sold my Kawi.
Have ridden in and around the US, Scotland, China and Nee Zealand.

But kept the “Twowheelgal”.

I'm originally from Washington DC so, naturally, my screen name is Colorado . . .

Actually, I never left the city, or even the neighborhood, until we took a road trip to Colorado when I was 9. I'd never seen such clear blue skies and unimaginably beautiful rocky mountains or felt dry air on my skin and in my lungs. I couldn't get enough of it. At some level, I knew I had to get back here to live. So after a stint in the Army, then university and grad school, I made a bee line to Denver. I've never looked back.

For me, Colorado is the end of the rainbow.

I'm originally from Washington DC so, naturally, my screen name is Colorado . . .

Actually, I never left the city, or even the neighborhood, until we took a road trip to Colorado when I was 9. I'd never seen such clear blue skies and unimaginably beautiful rocky mountains or felt dry air on my skin and in my lungs. I couldn't get enough of it. At some level, I knew I had to get back here to live. So after a stint in the Army, then university and grad school, I made a bee line to Denver. I've never looked back.

For me, Colorado is the end of the rainbow.
Coincidentally I just got back from my first visit to DC. Must have walked 15 miles seeing the popular sites. Nice place but like any other large city it’s a rat race. Kind of sad to see homeless people sleeping around the monuments. Cherry on top was picking up my lc on the way home.

Attachments

• IMG_2944.jpeg
    IMG_2944.jpeg
    530.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2940.jpeg
    IMG_2940.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 27
IYKYK. Probably watched this movie 100 times on deployment…mostly because it was one of the only ones we had. -

USMC-retired
And you didn't even try to church it up.
There's nothing to my screen name but I have forgotten the drain plug and poured out a quart for my homies.

My handle name? Not in the cool creative kids club, it's just me. So I can find myself if I have fallen and can't get up. No interesting stories.... Just quiet suburban life

Last edited:
Back