Weatherproof mat for rear compartment?

BoredomFestival

đź“› Founding Member
Sep 4, 2023
Media
Oakland, CA, USA
I was surprised that my LC-LC came with nice allweather floormats, but nothing for the rear storage area. Are there any good non-Toyota options yet? (either Weathertech or more obscure brands)

Strange how they spec these rigs. Mine came with a nice bed mat but zero floor mats. I don’t think i’ve ever purchased a vehicle that didn’t come with at least a cheap carpet floor mat set.

Strange how they spec these rigs. Mine came with a nice bed mat but zero floor mats. I don’t think i’ve ever purchased a vehicle that didn’t come with at least a cheap carpet floor mat set.
The all-weather floor mats for front and second rows (set of 4) come standard on all three LC trims. You should contact the dealer to request them. They will be listed on the window sticker or spec sheet associated with your car/VIN.

The all-weather floor mats for front and second rows (set of 4) come standard on all three LC trims. You should contact the dealer to request them. They will be listed on the window sticker or spec sheet associated with your car/VIN.
I don’t believe they come on the 1958, just LC trim and up.

Correct, even carpet floor mats were an option on the 1958.

I did a quick online search for part number PT908-60245-20 and found some Toyota parts departments selling the all weather cargo mat as low as $98 (+shipping).

The Toyota mat is pretty legit, I’m happy mine came with one.

I can vouch for PT908-60245-20 as a good quality cargo mat. I only wish it had a divide or bend to more easily access the small compartment closest to the tailgate. But overall, happy with it.

It looks like weathertech has one listed for the 2024 LC now, skeptical though b/c it has a bunch of reviews from years ago for 2006 LCs...

I wonder how it compares the the OEM mat

It looks like weathertech has one listed for the 2024 LC now, skeptical though b/c it has a bunch of reviews from years ago for 2006 LCs...

I wonder how it compares the the OEM mat
Yeah would be nice to know. I have had a few weather tech cargo trays in my SUVs over the years. They fit well but are fairly thin and lightweight. The OEM mat "looks" thicker and heavier.

I have the OEM mat and have had Weathertech products in the past. The OEM mat is MUCH nicer. I don't know why anyone would go with anything other than the OEM offering for the cargo mat. The all weather OEM mats are very nice too, I just wish the second row was one piece.

I have both the OEM mat in a LC and the Weathertech mat in another vehicle.

The Weathertech mat is thinner and lighter weight than the OEM mat. It looks good though and has a nice nubby and firm surface texture. The OEM mat is made of a softer, more rubbery material. It is thicker and heavier than the Weathertech. Due to its softer material and smoother surface, the OEM mat shows more surface scratches/dirt than the Weathertech.

But, more importantly, the Weathertech mat has a molded pattern of rectangles with indented channels. Sand and dirt is hard to brush out without completely removing the mat from the vehicle. It gets caught in the horizontal channels. The OEM mat has only vertical channels, making it much easier to brush off sand and dirt out the rear of the vehicle without removing the mat.

Last edited:
Ed1, I agree with your observations but not your conclusion.

I bought Weathertech liners for my Highlander to replace the more rubbery Toyota liners and never regretted it. The Weathertech liners are made from a stiffer material that holds up to well to the lug soles on hiking shoes and wading boots. The extra-tall edge keeps muddy water and snow melt from getting to the carpet. And I've never had any trouble cleaning the Weathertech liners, which I've done dozens of times. Granted, they aren't as nice looking as the Toyota liners and don't say "Land Cruiser," but I can live with that.

I just got off the phone with Weathertech and ordered the cargo liner for my LCLC. And they were nice enough to waive the $18 shipping fee. Can't beat that for customer service.

Ed1, I agree with your observations but not your conclusion.

I bought Weathertech liners for my Highlander to replace the more rubbery Toyota liners and never regretted it. The Weathertech liners are made from a stiffer material that holds up to well to the lug soles on hiking shoes and wading boots. The extra-tall edge keeps muddy water and snow melt from getting to the carpet. And I've never had any trouble cleaning the Weathertech liners, which I've done dozens of times. Granted, they aren't as nice looking as the Toyota liners and don't say "Land Cruiser," but I can live with that.

I just got off the phone with Weathertech and ordered the cargo liner for my LCLC. And they were nice enough to waive the $18 shipping fee. Can't beat that for customer service.
I agree completely! Since the LC came with rubber mats, I'll keep them till they wear out. Every vehicle I own except the LC has weathertechs.

My LC was up-fitted with carpet mats at the port (why???!!). I promptly ordered the all weather rubber mats front, rear and cargo area and told the dealer to toss the carpet mats that I ultimately paid extra for. What a waste.

Mine had all weather mats including the cargo area included.

I had a similar situation where the dealer included upcharge for premium carpet mats. I accepted them as this is how the dealerships are making money while staying at MSRP.
However, I noticed that the specs/window sticker still listed the all weather mats which were to be included in my LC. The dealership had not included those. I made a fuss and they gave them to me from the parts dept. Now I have both, carpet and all-weather mats (cause I paid for both!)

My 1958 (Canadian version) came with rubber all-weather floor and cargo mats plus a carpet for the cargo (which I haven't opened)

The deal
I had a similar situation where the dealer included upcharge for premium carpet mats. I accepted them as this is how the dealerships are making money while staying at MSRP.
However, I noticed that the specs/window sticker still listed the all weather mats which were to be included in my LC. The dealership had not included those. I made a fuss and they gave them to me from the parts dept. Now I have both, carpet and all-weather mats (cause I paid for both!)
The dealer did not up-charge me for the premium carpet mats—they were added at port. I ordered the all weather mats from the parts department, as well as the all weather cargo liner. Now I see on the window sticker that my vehicle included the all weather cargo liner so I’ve reached out to the dealer so that they can shed some light on this. I bought my LC out of state and did not see it until it arrived on transport, so not sure if it actually did include the cargo liner. I believe I am owed a refund of $150 though.

Back