Volume knob replacement

I love it looks awesome! can you take a picture of the other side of the knob? How much for the second one shipped to Gilbert AZ 85297

I love it looks awesome! can you take a picture of the other side of the knob? How much for the second one shipped to Gilbert AZ 85297
I'll get a picture taken this evening of the other side of the second knob. I lightly glued the other one in place last night so I can remove it in the future if I decide to try something different. It's the same shape as the back of the stock knob so it fits onto the semicircle post. It just doesn't snap into place to stay put. It works fine without gluing it into place and you don't have to glue it for it to work but it isn't a tight fit. If you pull back on it, it comes off pretty easily. I'll pm you on shipping. I'm sure I could just put a couple of stamps on a regular envelope and get it to you inexpensively but if you want a tracking number I'm happy to do that as well.

IMG_0899.jpeg

I just received the zr tactical knob and cannot find any installation instructions on the website. I did find the installation video of the guy at the dealership, but not the instructions on the website the packaging zr tactical says to use. I pulled as hard as I dared to remove the factory knob. It’s not coming off. I pulled hard enough for the dashboard piece it is mounted to to start pulling out of the dash. Mine is a Tamara made LC. Think they glued it on?

I just received the zr tactical knob and cannot find any installation instructions on the website. I did find the installation video of the guy at the dealership, but not the instructions on the website the packaging zr tactical says to use. I pulled as hard as I dared to remove the factory knob. It’s not coming off. I pulled hard enough for the dashboard piece it is mounted to to start pulling out of the dash. Mine is a Tamara made LC. Think they glued it on?
No it just pulls off! if you have a plastic trim tool or plastic pry bar you can carefully work it off

As mentioned above a plastic trim tool "L" shaped works well. I placed the short end of the "L" under one side of the knob and used a twisting motion to start one side, then switched to the other side, once you get it started moving, it'll pull right off.

As mentioned above a plastic trim tool "L" shaped works well. I placed the short end of the "L" under one side of the knob and used a twisting motion to start one side, then switched to the other side, once you get it started moving, it'll pull right off.
Thank you!

Great info! Thanks @EOD Guy
Finally I can get rid of my son’s LEGO tire
But trust me this works 10x better 🤣
View attachment 12114
That’s actually a genius idea. I tried it and the tire fits perfectly.

I sliced just under half the tire off (leaving the inner lip to grab the volume knob) and it looks nice and works great.

IMG_0948.jpeg

IMG_0940.jpeg

Back