Volume knob replacement

Probably, check out post #19 above.
Ordered the 2020-2023 set of nobs. I’ll have an extra one in the Kansas City area if someone is interested in the second one, we could split the order.

IMG_0764.jpeg

Last edited:
Let us know if they fit. What color did you go with.
Graphite. Have a Traildust LC coming in a few weeks and thought about the desert sand color but I think the graphite will look like it belongs in the interior better.

I ordered one will report back.
Can report.. the ZR knob is a direct replacement and fits perfectly. It could be a little bigger, but that may look strange and it would cover the volume lettering below. It is 100% better than the original and looks OEM. I got the black one and it blends perfect with the dash on the LC trim. The silver version would also look good. I found out today by installing, that if you push the volume knob it will mute the audio. (I should read the manual). The finish and machining is perfect and the metal has good grip. I think the person that make these also does high end gun parts, so there was time put into designing this. I have seen him comment on other forums, and I believe he has a LC.

It has little light holes to allow the back light to travel through the knob so you can see it at night. My only real suggestion which is minor, is that the knob could be fitted with a clear plastic internal ring to bring the light through the knob a little better. You can tell the light source is coming from behind the knob. This is very minor and just my opinion. The stock Toyota knobs use clear plastic to defuse and direct the light to the front of the knob.

I am happy with it and can recommend over stock.

I may try the the RAV4 knob just for comparison, but this one looks better and a little more unique.

Can report.. the ZR knob is a direct replacement and fits perfectly. It could be a little bigger, but that may look strange and it would cover the volume lettering below. It is 100% better than the original and looks OEM. I got the black one and it blends perfect with the dash on the LC trim. The silver version would also look good. I found out today by installing, that if you push the volume knob it will mute the audio. (I should read the manual). The finish and machining is perfect and the metal has good grip. I think the person that make these also does high end gun parts, so there was time put into designing this. I have seen him comment on other forums, and I believe he has a LC.

It has little light holes to allow the back light to travel through the knob so you can see it at night. My only real suggestion which is minor, is that the knob could be fitted with a clear plastic internal ring to bring the light through the knob a little better. You can tell the light source is coming from behind the knob. This is very minor and just my opinion. The stock Toyota knobs use clear plastic to defuse and direct the light to the front of the knob.

I may try the the RAV4 knob just for comparison, but this one looks better and a little more unique.
can you post a pic?

Pictures please

Just one point I'd like to clarify here.

Several posters have mentioned that pushing the volume knob doesn't turn it off, but merely mutes the sound. That is not correct.

I did a test with my iPod. I pushed the volume knob in the middle of a song and it shut off. A long while later I pushed the knob again and the song restarted . . . in the same exact spot it shut off.

IOW, if it had merely been muted, it would have kept playing and gone on to another song.

Just one point I'd like to clarify here.

Several posters have mentioned that pushing the volume knob doesn't turn it off, but merely mutes the sound. That is not correct.

I did a test with my iPod. I pushed the volume knob in the middle of a song and it shut off. A long while later I pushed the knob again and the song restarted . . . in the same exact spot it shut off.

IOW, if it had merely been muted, it would have kept playing and gone on to another song.
I didn't see where anyone said that...........

See post 31, "I found out today by installing, that if you push the volume knob it will mute the audio." There are another one or two but I don't feel like looking for them.
My apologies, I do see that "one".

Has anyone bought and tried this?

Has anyone bought and tried this?

I bought a pair and they arrived yesterday. Should finally pick up my LC this week and I’ll let you know if someone doesn’t answer before then. They are good quality and should fit since the RAV4 volume knob fits

Back