Two different tach/speed gauge styles.

Vision83

đź“› Founding Member
Jul 27, 2024
Media
AZ
I tired to find this setting or drive mode.

I have seen two different styles for the tach/speed.

Does anyone know how or where this is set? Maybe different models. Mine is bottom image.
IMG_8127.jpeg

IMG_8126.jpeg

You need to change the center component to "Settings" and then press the OK for a few seconds to After you scroll down past all the safety systems there is an option for the gauge layout and style. You have to press OK for a few seconds to enter the setting and change it.

You need to change the center component to "Settings" and then press the OK for a few seconds to After you scroll down past all the safety systems there is an option for the gauge layout and style. You have to press OK for a few seconds to enter the setting and change it.
Nice. I looked. Will try again. Thank you.

Menu guide
Thank you. Do you know why the screen changes to wide view when you put it in park? Sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn’t. I have to always hit OK to bring to back to the normal view with the tach.

Thank you. Do you know why the screen changes to wide view when you put it in park? Sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn’t. I have to always hit OK to bring to back to the normal view with the tach.
Sorry I do not.

My gauge cluster will always revert to the expanded view without the tach. It does this after I turn it off and back on. I always have to hit OK to bring back the normal view.

Also I have noticed if you remote start the car via the app iOS and get in with the normal key fob, car play does not auto connect. The phone is connected but you have to enable Apple car play in the settings.

This may be happening for a reason, but couple of issues I have noticed. Will keep messing with it. Maybe something is saved to the profile for key fob and for the profile for iOS key on the phone.

This was happening on the Tacoma 4G website where I migrated over from.
I went to my dealership and mentioned it when I took it in for service to look at that and a shimmy.
I had 185 miles by the time I got to the dealership and the shimmy was pretty much gone.
They were clueless and claimed they never heard it before but I told him they must have because the Tacoma had been out for a year now and it was a well-known subject on the Tacoma 4G site.
No help.
The rest might be TMI and that's why I separated it in case you just wanna read my story about a crappy service experience.

All the tires were 30, 31 and 32 if I remember right. (I posted the numbers earlier I think.)
So, I figured it was just from sitting for so long since I bought it off the showroom floor.
After about 15 minutes the new service writer came to say that the manager wanted to see me and took me out to my vehicle.
The jacka$$ DEI-hired service manager (You'll see in a moment why I labeled him as such) was sitting on the passenger seat changing everything in my entertainment center and had changed everything on the instrument cluster. Boy was I friggin pissed!
I explained to him three times like I had also explained three or four times to the service writer that there was no rhyme or reason to the method of it happening. Sometimes it could go days or a week without it happening other times turn it off and turn it on the next time and it would happen.
He really spoke condescending to me telling me well what the heck if you go to a doctor and the pain is gone at that moment what's he gonna do? I said well he's gonna run some test according to my symptoms. I was just furious and I was just totally in a state of bewilderment that this was even happening.
I just took the vehicle and went home. 40 miles away is where I live and that's where I shop at this dealership because the the other two dealerships closer to me we're really suck..
A few days later after fuming on this I went back to the dealership and saw the general manager and told him everything. He was a little bit in shock at what I was telling him. And like I told him, you can't fix what you don't know is broken.
I also told him because I brought it in for service he knew that the law said they had to give me a write up on it which they did not do because they did not officially check it in for tech.
This is why I make my appointments on Wednesday mornings when it's slower and it's hump day and the geyser a little more sharp on the brain.

I don't think I'll have to worry about that the next time but they are only getting one more chance.

Back