TRD Land Cruiser?

bluescruiser

📛 Founding Member
Sep 10, 2024
Media
Canada
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser (Standard Package)
I really hope this doesn’t become a thing for the 250. I feel the TRD packages should be left to the North American built body on frame vehicles.

I don’t like how (especially the TRD Pro) they’ve gone nuts with plastering badges and branding everywhere on the interior; it just looks so tacky and overdone like a collection of Temu knock off badges left in the hands of a 16 year old.

The straightforward manner in which the 2025 models are delineated is perfect imo; your head isn’t spinning from all the possible packages and crappy add ons, I hope it stays this way

With the upcoming 2025 4Runner, I do not foresee a TRD Land Cruiser.

Agreed re the obnoxious badging everywhere. Yuk!

Keep the LC conservative for us mature folks. Just a serious "sleeper" off-roading machine.
The bloated-looking new 4Runner Pro was exactly the model I was thinking of, the giant ‘TOYOTA’ on the passenger side dash is especially horrendous.

I get the feeling a lot of LC owners are probably a little older and more reserved than the intended audience for those trim packages

Don’t forsee a trd land cruiser either. The trd badge has gotten stale. I had a couple “trail” 4Runners which was nice with no c-pillar badge then trail was rebranded as trd off road which had the c- pillar badge which I found to be less desirable. I didn’t remove it but didn’t care for it either.

I dont see them doing a TRD Pro esque Land Cruiser. But being that Toyota did a TRD Avalon (who was this marketed to??!!) anything is possible.

Don’t forsee a trd land cruiser either. The trd badge has gotten stale. I had a couple “trail” 4Runners which was nice with no c-pillar badge then trail was rebranded as trd off road which had the c- pillar badge which I found to be less desirable. I didn’t remove it but didn’t care for it either.
I also had a 2010 4Runner Trail that I owned for 14 years before my 1958. I wish they would do a spiritual successor of the Trail with the LC. It had ALL the off road goodies (KDSS, MTS, ATRAC, e-locker and my favorite a real physical t-case lever with solid mechanical connection) and very understated trim, blacked out chrome and NO extra badges. Those that know, knew, those that don't well it wouldn't have impressed them anyway.

I dont see them doing a TRD Pro esque Land Cruiser. But being that Toyota did a TRD Avalon (who was this marketed to??!!) anything is possible.
I had forgotten about the TRD Avalon! I wonder if it was a marketing success? Doubtful...

I also had a 2010 4Runner Trail that I owned for 14 years before my 1958. I wish they would do a spiritual successor of the Trail with the LC. It had ALL the off road goodies (KDSS, MTS, ATRAC, e-locker and my favorite a real physical t-case lever with solid mechanical connection) and very understated trim, blacked out chrome and NO extra badges. Those that know, knew, those that don't well it wouldn't have impressed them anyway.
Gear or chain xfer case? Give me a gear system in a steel case! You might be too young for the New Process 205, but TOUGH it was!

Gear or chain xfer case? Give me a gear system in a steel case! You might be too young for the New Process 205, but TOUGH it was!
I'm pretty sure that the 4Runner was a chain in the transfer case.

I do remember the NP205, and the hard core guys mating it to a NP203 as a doubler!

Back