🗞️ Breaking News 2025 Land Cruiser Announced

Breaking News - Only Admins may use this prefix.
Looks like the only amendments to the '25 builds are:

(1) Heritage Blue is offered with or without grayscape;
(2) A "Rear Bumper Guard" is an inexpensive option and not defined as to what it actually is at this time;
(3) There is an option for LED lights in the rear hatch door which were offered on the FE, however, unknown if offered on any other trim; and
(4) The MSRP has increased $500.
Plus the new rear diff skid plate option.

One of the press reports claimed there are some updates to the safety systems?

Was hoping for a lighter interior option. As much as I love the mechanicals and form factor on the LC, I can't get interested in the super dark interior. It feels like a small cave compared to my Highlander which is gray. The Java is only a seat treatment and rarely ordered by dealers.

If Toyota would lighten up the headliner and add some lighter accents on the doors the black would be tolerable. I seem to be in a minority not liking black on a vehicle. Current fashion seems to be trending toward more black. Not helpful.

Was hoping for a lighter interior option. As much as I love the mechanicals and form factor on the LC, I can't get interested in the super dark interior. It feels like a small cave compared to my Highlander which is gray. The Java is only a seat treatment and rarely ordered by dealers.

If Toyota would lighten up the headliner and add some lighter accents on the doors the black would be tolerable. I seem to be in a minority not liking black on a vehicle. Current fashion seems to be trending toward more black. Not helpful.
I used to not agree but after adding very dark tint I do kinda wish it was like 30% lighter and gray/slate in there.

The black leather with the Premium Pkg is not too dark in the flesh. It almost has a grayish hue to it. And the white/light gray stitching throughout the interior looks very upscale/sporty over black.

Tan / saddle / light interiors are sharp on the showroom floor, however, they start looking dirty and rough no matter how much you care for them. I made the mistake of buying a new Range Rover Sport Supercharged with nearly white leather and piano black wood. It was very elegant looking when brand new--no color looked better.
However, after 5k miles or less, the driver's seat was more blue from jean transfer, despite the special Range Rover cleaner I religiously used.

Java is fine. I have redwood in my 4Runner Limited. Not really my favorite color.

Light headliners are a no go for me. They get dirty by default and every time you bring it in for service, inevitably, there will be a mysterious grease streak/grease handprint on the headliner when you get it back.

I'm really glad that there's no big changes in the color selection. I was gonna have alot of buyers remorse if they offered lunar rock as a option.

The black leather with the Premium Pkg is not too dark in the flesh. It almost has a grayish hue to it. And the white/light gray stitching throughout the interior looks very upscale/sporty over black.

Tan / saddle / light interiors are sharp on the showroom floor, however, they start looking dirty and rough no matter how much you care for them. I made the mistake of buying a new Range Rover Sport Supercharged with nearly white leather and piano black wood. It was very elegant looking when brand new--no color looked better.
However, after 5k miles or less, the driver's seat was more blue from jean transfer, despite the special Range Rover cleaner I religiously used.

Java is fine. I have redwood in my 4Runner Limited. Not really my favorite color.

Light headliners are a no go for me. They get dirty by default and every time you bring it in for service, inevitably, there will be a mysterious grease streak/grease handprint on the headliner when you get it back.
Agree that the black leather looks not really black and I could get used to it. However I prefer off white, grey or beige colors and bright color accents.
I never had the problem with color transfer as I always use seat towels the color match anyway. It's a utility vehicle, so seat towels are a must and should be used in any car.
I also always try to get light headliners and never hade the problem with dirt streaks or prints on it. But I can see the problem. I while ago I saw a post in a different forum where a dog owner had a dog with a small bleeding cut on its nose in the car with a light headliner and you can imagine how that ended...........ugh.

there’s a “bumper protector” option now too, any idea what this is? I see the cargo lights are “package” options and not standard or accessories, I think they are a factory add and not something the dealer can add or DIY easily based on this. I’m surprised to see the 1958 stick around, I stand corrected as I thought it would go away being a special edition.

there’s a “bumper protector” option now too, any idea what this is? I see the cargo lights are “package” options and not standard or accessories, I think they are a factory add and not something the dealer can add or DIY easily based on this. I’m surprised to see the 1958 stick around, I stand corrected as I thought it would go away being a special edition.
1958 should’ve been called 1959

A few posts back in this thread:

Maybe that little luggage / tail gate protector that came with first editions?

Both that and the lights were previously only available on the first edition.

I heard from a couple local dealers that they got their first 2025 Land Cruiser allocations today. (None quite matching what I'm looking for unfortunately!)

Also on Toyota's page I see a lot of 2024's that still have dealer markups. And a few that used to have dealer markups now well below MSRP.

I heard from a couple local dealers that they got their first 2025 Land Cruiser allocations today. (None quite matching what I'm looking for unfortunately!)

Also on Toyota's page I see a lot of 2024's that still have dealer markups. And a few that used to have dealer markups now well below MSRP.
I can’t believe they released the 2025’s 4 months after the 2024’s started being delivered on the east coast, it is a bit of a bummer. I figured the ‘25’s would be out end of 2024 or early 2025. I knew I could’ve saved a few grand off MSRP and got a better APR if I waited 6-7 months, but didn’t expect this soon. At least I didn’t pay any markup, feel bad for anyone that did as I’ve seen some discounted below invoice last I looked.

I can’t believe they released the 2025’s 4 months after the 2024’s started being delivered on the east coast, it is a bit of a bummer. I figured the ‘25’s would be out end of 2024 or early 2025. I knew I could’ve saved a few grand off MSRP and got a better APR if I waited 6-7 months, but didn’t expect this soon. At least I didn’t pay any markup, feel bad for anyone that did as I’ve seen some discounted below invoice last I looked.
Models considered carry over for next MY are often released Q4. Toyota just had a huge delay when launching this model.

Yup the 2025 are up. Just did a search inventory and a couple have been allocated to the Seattle area. Man, I tell you that Renton dealership should be shammed. They always increase theirs by 5K. blah.

I also got a call from Eugene source to ask if I was still interested, think they were just updating their list. I was surprised as I didn't put down any cash, so that was nice.

Seeing more with that Java color then before. Nice to see more options.

Well, the only reasons I hesitated at first with the 2024 instead of waiting for the 2025 was them maybe offering it in a green color for MY25 but that didn't happen and the other, much less likely scenario, was them putting a diesel in the US version. That didn't happen either so I'm good lol.

Well, the only reasons I hesitated at first with the 2024 instead of waiting for the 2025 was them maybe offering it in a green color for MY25 but that didn't happen and the other, much less likely scenario, was them putting a diesel in the US version. That didn't happen either so I'm good lol.
Green would be so nice. Preferably with the lighter roof but maybe that's just me. My one hope that I knew would not come true was a slightly larger gas tank.

I did some searching and found a solid blue 2025 allocated in Omaha:

Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 1.28.01 PM.png

Back