Traffic Jam Assist - Does it work w/ camera off?

solidbrix

📛 Founding Member
Feb 17, 2024
Media
Richmond, VA
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser / 2020 4Runner
For those of you with a premium package LC or First Edition LC, my question is does the traffic jam assist (stop & go traffic cruise control) work when you disable the eye sensor camera? I haven't been able to find a clear answer!

I want to disable the camera day 1, but will that be cutting off functions like traffic control assist (and potentially other functions)? From what I can tell, it's easy to turn it off/on in the settings, so if the camera needs to be on for this function, it's not the end of the world (tho I will be annoyed by the beeping).

Traffic jam assist still works without the driver monitor on. First thing I turned off, in the dealer parking lot. Used adaptive cruise control today and it worked flawlessly.

It will ask you if you want to be recorded the first time TJA is on, just select no and you are good to go.
Otherwise, you'll see a red record letter on the left bottom of the dash.

How do you use traffic jam assist? Do you just turn on and use adaptive cruise control?

How do you use traffic jam assist? Do you just turn on and use adaptive cruise control?
when you have adaptive cruise on, it will activate automatically when your speed is below 15 mph. You'll see a little icon with green dots indicating it is working. Once your speed is over 15 mph, it will deactivate.
I really like it, works pretty good.

At a curve, traffic jam alert looks ahead bounces off the walls and says there is a traffic jam. Totally useless. On empty roads, when road is curving, it gives false useless alarms. Turned it off

I have defeated the eye sensor watching my eyes, the so called driver inattention. I still have full functionality of laser based cruise control.

Back